Subwoofer Amplifier Died - I need your help :( - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-22-2012, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a FIVE year old Adire Daeva 15. Everything was completely fine until today.... It wouldn't turn on. I tried every plug, outlet, and switch- and nothing. The red LED never came on.

So AVS- what are my options now? I want to fix her up frown.gif. I should also mention I am a n00b who knows VERY little about these things. I seriously need your help on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-22-2012, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dig out the owner's manual ... it MIGHT be as simple as replacing a blown fuse (However, many times a bad amplifier causes the fuse to blow).

Good Luck,

Bill C
post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
You can get a new fuse a Radio Shack if you are in a hurry. If, after replacement, the fuse immediately blows again, then you know that you amplifier is likely bad.

To do the repair yourself, you need the subwoofer service manual, a volt/ohm meter, and soldering equipment. Many manufacturers consider the service manual proprietary.

If you take the amp off the enclosure (sometimes they are glued down for a better air seal), you can check whether any capacitor is obviously blown or enlarged.

Amplifier repairs can cost $200-300+ and usually are returned with a 30-90 day guarantee. You can also contact the manufacturer because sometimes their repairs cost somewhat less (but you will need to pay return shipping).
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page