Anyone installed Aura shakers on Coaster Showtime seats? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Has anyone installed Aura shakers on Coaster Showtime seats? I am wondering how well they worked for you, and also, where/how you mounted.

Also, If anyone happens to have a link explaining the basics of these type of shakers, I would appreciate it. I am sort of scratching my head trying to figure out how to get from the receiver (LFE) to the shakers. Do you need an amp in between? Can you go wireless? etc. thanks!

The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Pixar screenplay slideshows
!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Those are nice recliners. Never mounted any to that brand of recliners...but have mounted
auras to the bottom of a 7 ft. couch, and now to the two recliners I presently have. (I'm presently
waiting on getting 2 Seatcraft Signature recliners....should be delivered in about a week.)

First of all do you have a sub? Also you will need an amp such as this one from Parts Express:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-803

This amp will drive the shakers.

In my case I mounted 2 auras under each recliner. One would still do the job.
As far as the amp mentioned above, that's good for 4 shakers. So it depends on how
many shakers you have so you can pick out an amp with enough watts to drive them.

As far as mounting them I used a 3/4" thick piece of pine (about 5 in wide) and bolted it
to the bottom of the frame. Both the shakers are mounted slightly to the rear, this way
you get more vibrations from the back of the recliner as well as the seat. As far as wiring goes,
I used a combination of parallel and series wiring. Single strand 16 ga wire. Wired as
per the fifth diagram of this site....

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm

Do not attach the shakers to the springs with tie wraps. I know it's easy, but you lose a a lot
of vibration when you mount them that way.

Any other questions, I'll be happy to reply.

vardo
post #3 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks. I purchased that same amp about 2 hours ago after doing some research. Also bought 3 Aura shakers from same site. Small investment really!

I need to run a wire under the carpet from my amp sub out all the way to the seating area. We'll see how it goes. Thanks!

, and
)
!
post #4 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I found another member had posted pics of same chairs and same aura installed. Using that as a guide thanks all.

, and
)
!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post

I found another member had posted pics of same chairs and same aura installed. Using that as a guide thanks all.

Can you share how you ended up installing them to the coaster showtime chairs or share the link where you found how to do it?

Thanks,
Jim

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page