i really need this help polk's psw125 vs cerwin vega xls 12s - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
don't buy ve-28 dual 8" subwoofers cerwin vega . It has known issues with the amp going bad. I hear that it sounds pretty good when it works but messes up a lot. I wanted to buy that sub a few years ago, until I read all the bad reviews about the failing online and Cerwin Vega giving customers a problem getting it fixed. Cerwin Vega raised prices over the years and have gone downhill some I think with customer service. I heard a polk audio 12 inch subwoofer when circuit city was around and thought that it sounded good. I think that the klipsch sub would sound good also if you choose that. I heard a klipsch sub at a store once and thought that it sounded good. Whatever brand that you choose I hope that it works out for you.
waheeb512 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

b&w sub sounds good waheeb. I heard one the other day at a store. dali sounds okay, but a little over priced on a lot of it's speakers and subs. I almost bought a Dali sub a few months ago, but when asked to hear it the sub looked blown. The worker said the customer turned it up to loud or damaged it. I was afraid to buy it without having another one in the store to hear. Some dali stuff sounds good, but you can find other brands that sound good that are cheaper.
waheeb512 likes this.
post #33 of 36 Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Waheeb I heard JBl before at a movie rental store that used to play movies in surround sound at the store. The subwoofer sounded good, and even rattled the glass window, but JBl amps have been having a lot of problems over the years. I would stay away from it. Maybe yours will be okay and not mess up on you, but a lot of people have had problems with the jbl subwoofers.
waheeb512 likes this.
post #34 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
thanks again i just brought the PSW125 and its doing fine with me

now its 2tsi 100 + psw125 and its cool

very nice sound subwoofer its smooth and great i use only for music
post #35 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I am glad that you like the polk subwoofer. They are a good deal for the money. I mainly listen to music also. I used to watch movies in surround sound a few years ago, but not so much anymore. If you have 3.5mm jack you can hook that up to aux port on stereo and to computer for awesome sound if you like internet radio like shoutcast jango pandora live365 addicted to radio. I use a cheap rca stereo that I got free from someone for my computer speakers through 3.5 mm jack. it sounds okay. better then my laptop speakers,
waheeb512 likes this.
post #36 of 36 Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyboardcat View Post

I am glad that you like the polk subwoofer. They are a good deal for the money. I mainly listen to music also. I used to watch movies in surround sound a few years ago, but not so much anymore. If you have 3.5mm jack you can hook that up to aux port on stereo and to computer for awesome sound if you like internet radio like shoutcast jango pandora live365 addicted to radio. I use a cheap rca stereo that I got free from someone for my computer speakers through 3.5 mm jack. it sounds okay. better then my laptop speakers,

yea its connected to my pc with 3.5mm jack and its sound good biggrin.gif

now my system is 2.1 and sound really good biggrin.gif
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page