NE PA/NY/NJ/DE/MD/VA GTG - Take Two! - Page 10 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which date works for you? Please vote only once.
Saturday, September 15th 5 33.33%
Saturday, October 13th 3 20.00%
Saturday, October 20th 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 618 Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 479
rush, what program is that? thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 618 Old 09-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 45
That is FL Studio from Imageline.

Link: http://www.image-line.com/documents/flstudio.html

Its amazing.....
post #273 of 618 Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM

By the way, I am going to make an executive decision....

We are using this sweep: http://sinan.ussakli.net/basstest/5-100.flac and not the one posted previously....
post #274 of 618 Old 09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
What's the current playlist?
post #275 of 618 Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM

Still this.... no new submissions.... feel free to send more!

In case that wasn't clear: SEND MORE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post

All the clips I have received and using both sine sweeps I am up to about 3:15 worth of music....
Archaea:
100hz-20hz sweep
10hz to 120hz sweep
Sibuna:
Deadmau5 - Ghosts 'N' Stuff (1:00-1:45)
Sonata Arctica - San Sebastian (0:00-0:45)
The_Nephilim1:
TechMaster - EuroBass (0:00-0:30)
Tocatta (2:45-3:15)
Beenie Man - Who Am I (0:20-0:50)
Tag Team - Whoomp There It Is (0:00-0:30)
Van Halen - 1984 (0:00-0:30)
Van Halen - Hot For Teacher (0:00-0:30)
Van Halen - Sunday Afternoon In The Park (0:00-0:33)
post #276 of 618 Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 274
i can send over a lot more clips

i just hope people like Death Metal
carp likes this.

post #277 of 618 Old 09-15-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna View Post

i can send over a lot more clips
i just hope people like Death Metal

SLAYER \m/ \m/
carp likes this.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #278 of 618 Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Archaea's demo clips.zip 3265k .zip file

I have four ~30 second clips I want to use, but I want to use these clips exactly. If I can only use one that's fine, but I want to use these mp3 clips. Not the flac version of them, not the lossless version of them. These clips exactly. One is a vinyl rip and has unintentional bass on it, that is heavy around 15hz and so I like it better than the perfect CD recording. The 15hz bass shakes the projector screen and is felt --- and it's a fun clip to demo. The other clips are just clips I'm very familar with and so would like to use. I don't want someone to modify the specific clips I'd like to audition. If we are sticking to one clip a piece that's fine, but if we don't have many people offering clips then I'm going to assume that we can chose a couple at least each for the folks that are wanting to submit.

If I can only have 1 selection I want the Mia clip
If I can have only 2 selections I want the Mia and the Rockapella clip
If I can have only 3 selections I want the Mia, the Rockapella, and the Flux Pavillion Clip
If I can have four - add the Lil Jon clip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archaea's demo clips.zip (3.19 MB, 7 views)

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #279 of 618 Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

By the way, I am going to make an executive decision....

We are using this sweep: http://sinan.ussakli.net/basstest/5-100.flac and not the one posted previously....

This link doesn't work.

post #280 of 618 Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

I have four ~30 second clips I want to use, but I want to use these clips exactly. If I can only use one that's fine, but I want to use these mp3 clips. Not the flac version of them, not the lossless version of them. These clips exactly. One is a vinyl rip and has unintentional bass on it, that is heavy around 15hz and so I like it better than the perfect CD recording. The 15hz bass shakes the projector screen and is felt --- and it's a fun clip to demo. The other clips are just clips I'm very familar with and so would like to use. I don't want someone to modify the specific clips I'd like to audition. If we are sticking to one clip a piece that's fine, but if we don't have many people offering clips then I'm going to assume that we can chose a couple at least each for the folks that are wanting to submit.

Send the versions you want to hear and I will include them.

I have a number of files that have gone through various unintended audio 'enhancements' through the years as well that I prefer to the lossless versions as well...

Myself I haven't decided what I want to hear.... so expect some additions from myself as well.

I haven't gotten any movie scene requests besides the bumblebee flip.....
post #281 of 618 Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:

This link doesn't work.

It does, right click> save to file
post #282 of 618 Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:

I've mentioned several already, among them Scene 10 of Underworld Awakening. Additionally, the stampede in 10,000 BC, the part in Ironman where he's walking out of the cave, the ship battle in Master And Commander and The Games in Tron. As far as music I had suggested the ultimate acid test, Bass-O-Tronics Bass I Love You, as well as their song Sub Bass Excursion. Another suggest I made was to get some of the songs from Dub Kings thread. A few of these are brutal.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #283 of 618 Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Send the versions you want to hear and I will include them.

I have a number of files that have gone through various unintended audio 'enhancements' through the years as well that I prefer to the lossless versions as well...

Myself I haven't decided what I want to hear.... so expect some additions from myself as well.

My music clips are attached to the post #278

As to movies - here are my recommendations.

The Art of Flight has a fantastic ball dropping dolby digital demo clip.
The John Mayer Concert disk is great for bass drums
I love The Incredible Hulk (2008) growl and smash when they run down the street at each other and collide/tackle in air and there is an energy wave that wipes out the sign.
Something with sub machine gun fire (sealed subs seem to sound very different on uzzi fire than ported subs) - soo perhaps an underworld awakening clip or Life Free Die Hard 4 with the apartment scene --- I think one of these clips is an absolute requirement - since we are looking to distinguish the differences in these subwoofers' sound.
My new personal favorite is probably the scene in pulse where she goes into the server room and the sound is well...pulsing. Fantastic and brutal on a sub.

Of the five clips above my two strongest recommendations are the sub machine gun fire clips or the pulse clip.

post #284 of 618 Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Tron - Games or when he is picked up when first getting to the Grid, Id recomend the later
Kung-fu Panda - Skadoosh
War of the Worlds - Pod Emerge

Can anyone comment on Predator on BR? - the scene after Jesse Venturas character dies and Mac picks up the mini gun and just starts mowing down trees was always nice on DVD i just dont know how it sounds on BR

post #285 of 618 Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 AM

wow, ok got a big list..... I'll give it a day or two, and then we can decide what we want to see and I can go get the movies if I don't already have them.
post #286 of 618 Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

Liked: 19
How about the THX movie trailer clip of Amazing Life or Cavalcade?

http://www.thx.com/consumer/movies/

Another clip from Iron Man when the fire the jericho missle? It's a short clip and pretty impressive (definitely a lot of bass there but I am not sure how low it goes).
Or any time in Iron Man 2 when they are landing (especially toward the end when it is Iron Man and his buddy in the other suit going against the army of robot iron men).

Or we could go with just about anything on the bass portion of the scubasteve demo disc tongue.gif
post #287 of 618 Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Any cheap places for rental cars in philly besides the usual big nationwide chains? I didn't expect a economy car would be $300ish for a week rental. I'll just borrow one from my family at that price. Flight is booked, training is being booked. Full steam ahead...

post #288 of 618 Old 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:

Any cheap places for rental cars in philly besides the usual big nationwide chains? I didn't expect a economy car would be $300ish for a week rental. I'll just borrow one from my family at that price. Flight is booked, training is being booked. Full steam ahead...

Look into Philly Car Share: http://www.phillycarshare.com/

Though its kinda for people who are in the area often... might meet your needs.
post #289 of 618 Old 09-20-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:

Unfortunately anything at the Philly airport will be relatively expensive. Maybe something like priceline could turn up a deal? Otherwise like you said your relatives 'rental' may your best option.

post #290 of 618 Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:

Look into Philly Car Share: http://www.phillycarshare.com/
Though its kinda for people who are in the area often... might meet your needs.
I see them cars down here at the shore in the summer. Kinda wondered what they were about.

My System

My dedicated theater room build. 

post #291 of 618 Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Did you check this out?: http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=002&cust=MSWSRTA&referedPage=multiDivOffer

That is what I used to book my rental.. Total will be close to $40 before a million bucks in gas costs... Friday-Monday rental. How far away is the training from where your staying?

I'm staying with friends in Philly so I can offer a ride to/from the GTG if anybody needs a ride from Philly, as long as they are flexible on timing and can fit space-wise with my Arx towers...

-Ryan
post #292 of 618 Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

That 10 buck a day thing is real nice if the friday through monday limitation fits -- but keep in mind it's limited to 100 miles per day of rental -- which doesn't jive with your million bucks of gasoline statement. I'd hate for you to get reamed on over mileage fees!

The training i'm attending is in Greenbelt Maryland. It's looking like my best option is to just to keep it simple and borrow a family member's car from Boyertown PA because it's looking like everything I see is like $300ish for a week long rental. Not a huge sum of money, but not inexpensive either.
I must be out of date, but I had it in my head that you could rent a bottom of the barrel cheapo car for like $50 or $75 a week from these places on special -- I don't see that anywhere. It's double or tripple that, and for some reason premium vehicles are cheaper than economy vehicles on most sites I check. Heck on one site convertibles were cheaper than economy vehicles. What kind of logic is that?

post #293 of 618 Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Heck on one site convertibles were cheaper than economy vehicles. What kind of logic is that?

Supply vs. Demand. biggrin.gif I used to rent cars every week for work for 5 years and this scenario came up all the time. Especially in fall/winter, convertibles in Philly are at a surplus, heh.

post #294 of 618 Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

That 10 buck a day thing is real nice if the friday through monday limitation fits -- but keep in mind it's limited to 100 miles per day of rental -- which doesn't jive with your million bucks of gasoline statement. I'd hate for you to get reamed on over mileage fees!
The training i'm attending is in Greenbelt Maryland. It's looking like my best option is to just to keep it simple and borrow a family member's car from Boyertown PA because it's looking like everything I see is like $300ish for a week long rental. Not a huge sum of money, but not inexpensive either.
I must be out of date, but I had it in my head that you could rent a bottom of the barrel cheapo car for like $50 or $75 a week from these places on special -- I don't see that anywhere. It's double or tripple that, and for some reason premium vehicles are cheaper than economy vehicles on most sites I check. Heck on one site convertibles were cheaper than economy vehicles. What kind of logic is that?
PM Sent
post #295 of 618 Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Got it. Thanks for the offer. After talking more with the in laws just last night the easiest thing for me is just to borrow a car from them in boyertown. Too much stuff to work out otherwise.

post #296 of 618 Old 09-26-2012, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

All - I have been updating the list. As of now I have 2 openings for both attendees and subs. Please let me know ASAP if you're interested in attending.

post #297 of 618 Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey Andrew,

Has Mark Seaton confirmed with his Catalyst 8C's?

The reason that I'm asking is that I'm SERIOUSLY considering a Danley 7.2 speaker system. I was down in Gainesville GA yesterday in the Danley demo room and was just blown away with their speakers (not sure about their subs though). The only other system that I would entertain getting at this time would be the Seaton 8C's or 12C's. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to audition them, and there are just too many dollars involved here to purchase the Seaton's on blind faith.

Cheers,
-- Bill --
post #298 of 618 Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-8 View Post

Hey Andrew,

The reason that I'm asking is that I'm SERIOUSLY considering a Danley 7.2 speaker system. I was down in Gainesville GA yesterday in the Danley demo room and was just blown away with their speakers (not sure about their subs though). The only other system that I would entertain getting at this time would be the Seaton 8C's or 12C's. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to audition them, and there are just too many dollars involved here to purchase the Seaton's on blind faith.

Cheers,
-- Bill --

no Danley equipment in the 2012 Wisconsin meet - but there were many top tier ID speaker offerings.

Philharmonics, Salk towers, Ascends, JTR, Seaton etc...

Here were my impressions. (cliffnotes = The Seaton 12c's were the best of the day for me) if you read before or after my post you can find other's impressions.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1324185/se-wi-tower-speaker-gtg/980_20#post_21911730

post #299 of 618 Old 09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Quote:

Hey Andrew,

Cheers,
-- Bill --

no Danley equipment in the 2012 Wisconsin meet - but there were many top tier ID speaker offerings.

Philharmonics, Salk towers, Ascends, JTR, Seaton etc...

Here were my impressions. (cliffnotes = The Seaton 12c's were the best of the day for me) if you read before or after my post you can find other's impressions.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1324185/se-wi-tower-speaker-gtg/980_20#post_21911730

Thanks for the link. It was a good read however I would still like to audition the speakers personally before making a final decision.

-- Bill --
post #300 of 618 Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Andrew,
Cheers,
-- Bill --

Hey Bill,

I have not yet heard back from Mark on a confirmation. I will PM him to see what's up. If you're looking at spending that kind of coin, I don't blame you for wanting to hear them first, either!

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page