Official Energy and Mirage Subwoofer Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #91 of 97 Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Energy AS-90 schematic or service manual

Hello to all the vintage Energy subwoofer owners out there! Glad to have found this site but noticed not many have been posting lately. I've had an Energy AS-90 for over 15 years bought new and still absolutely love it. I think it beats most of the current models out there in every way for the money. I was sad to see the company go bust and be absorbed by Klipsch. The Canadian manufactured subs were great and it's a shame they didn't sell better. Only problem I ever had with it was caused by a lightning strike several years ago and some capacitors and other discrete components got trashed in the power supply but was repaired by the Energy dealer who sold it to me.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a service manual or legible schematic for this model in case I ever need to make a repair myself? I contacted Klipsch and they sent me the only thing they could find which was a photocopied schematic, which they scanned as PDF and sent me. It's pretty hard to read in many areas but better than nothing! I'd be glad to share a copy if someone wants one. I also have the sell's brochure for the AS-90 and AS-180 subwoofers as well if someone wants a copy of that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 Old 10-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Energy AS-90 schematic or service manual

Hello to all the vintage Energy subwoofer owners out there! Glad to have found this site but noticed not many have been posting lately. I've had an Energy AS-90 for over 15 years bought new and still absolutely love it. I think it beats most of the current models out there in every way for the money. I was sad to see the company go bust and be absorbed by Klipsch. The Canadian manufactured subs were great and it's a shame they didn't sell better. Only problem I ever had with it was caused by a lightning strike several years ago. Some capacitors and other discrete components got trashed in the power supply but was repaired by the Energy dealer who sold it to me.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a service manual or legible schematic for this model in case I ever need to make a repair myself? I contacted Klipsch and they sent me the only thing they could find which was a photocopied schematic, which they scanned as PDF (attached). It's pretty hard to read in many areas but better than nothing! I also have the sell's brochure and owner's manual for the AS-90 and AS-180 subwoofers as well if someone wants a copy.

Keep shaking the house!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Energy_AS-90_schematic.PDF (438.5 KB, 12 views)
post #93 of 97 Old 10-30-2015, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I am a Mirage collector, you name the speaker from Omnisat to Unitheater to Oasis to Omnican to OMD I probably own a version of it (I am still seeking the elusive OMD-Rs) . I finally have my dream house and dream Mirage setups (OMD-28s in media room & OMD-15s in family room). I am still setting up the media room. Now that I have an ATMOS/DTS:x processor, I am ready to install my Omnican 6 in-ceiling speakers. I have made the difficult decision to part with my 2 Omni S10s and 2 Prestige S10s. I have kept the Prestiges factory sealed as I lucked into them. The plan was to run 4 subs with the Prestiges and Omnis. I knew I would have very smooth, musical response but not sure about the impact to pressurize a 3500' cubic room. I have decided move to some higher end subwoofers from Power Sound Audio. I still have 4 Energy S8.3 and 1 Omni S8 throughout the house. Best bargain sub around IMO.

I have 1 set of the Prestige S10s on eBay now. PM me if you are interested in any of the S10 subs.
post #94 of 97 Old 10-30-2015, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

I was looking at the Omni S10 box from my first S10 purchased when Vanns was clearing out the platinum color. The box indicates a cherry option. Has any ever spotted one or did it ever even exist?

This is the only reference to cherry I could find: http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi...2_omni_s10.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151030_215609_HDR.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1030217  

Last edited by Marc Alexander; 10-30-2015 at 10:53 PM.
post #95 of 97 Old 11-10-2015, 12:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess nobody is active here anymore. I will keep posting regardless as these subs are still incredible bargains.

I noticed on Tom Nousaine's (R.I.P. Tom) subwoofer test spreadsheet that the Energy Sx.3 out measure their Mirage Omni counterparts. I have preferred the Energy versions simply because of the variable phase knob vs the two-wave switch on the Mirage. I do prefer the feet on the Mirage. The Mirage Omnis seem to sell for more than the Energy which has allowed me to get S8.3s for as low as $30.

I was finally able to find a S12.3 (in the past these and the Omni S12 have been too expensive to get me to bite). I am going to place it in our family room where I previously had two S8.3s colocated. I am excited to see what it can do!
dsskid likes this.
post #96 of 97 Old 11-10-2015, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 1218
You're correct, the thread is pretty much dead. After the companies were purchased by Klipsch/Audiovox it appears development stopped, at least on the subwoofer end of things. Except for Energy's 'Power' series - which don't seem at all impressive - the product lines from both companies are the same as 5 years ago, maybe longer. That's not how you stay relevant in the industry.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #97 of 97 Old 03-11-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I am a Mirage collector, you name the speaker from Omnisat to Unitheater to Oasis to Omnican to OMD I probably own a version of it (I am still seeking the elusive OMD-Rs) . I finally have my dream house and dream Mirage setups (OMD-28s in media room & OMD-15s in family room). I am still setting up the media room. Now that I have an ATMOS/DTS:x processor, I am ready to install my Omnican 6 in-ceiling speakers. I have made the difficult decision to part with my 2 Omni S10s and 2 Prestige S10s. I have kept the Prestiges factory sealed as I lucked into them. The plan was to run 4 subs with the Prestiges and Omnis. I knew I would have very smooth, musical response but not sure about the impact to pressurize a 3500' cubic room. I have decided move to some higher end subwoofers from Power Sound Audio. I still have 4 Energy S8.3 and 1 Omni S8 throughout the house. Best bargain sub around IMO.

I have 1 set of the Prestige S10s on eBay now. PM me if you are interested in any of the S10 subs.
Are any of your subs still for sale? If so PM me with details.

Ive got some stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Speaker Systems , Energy , Mirage , Mirage Omni S10 10 Inch 800 Watt High Performance Subwoofer , Mirage Omni S8 8 Inch 400 Watt High Performance Subwoofer , Energy S 10 3 800 Watt 10 Inch Subwoofer Black , Mirage Mm 6 Miniature High Performance Subwoofer Black , Mirage Mm 8 Miniature Subwoofer Black , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy Esw C8 8 Inch Subwoofer Black , Energy Esw C10 10 Inch 400 Watt Subwoofer Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page