HSU vtf-15h vs. Rythmik F12G - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-18-2012, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which of these subs would be the better choice? Their prices are similar and so are their tech specs. For my application I have a home theater setup in my medium sized (18'x18') bedroom and I will be listening to high quality audio (SACD, FLAC, Vinyl) and also playing video games and watching blu ray movies. Musical accuracy and speed are important to me but so is having a nice hard impact during my favorite movie scenes. Which of these subs do you think is better, and why?

Edit: also my setup is a 5.1 with energy rc-70 for fronts. Other speakers are subpar for now, but I will eventually be replacing my center with the RC-LCR and rear surrounds with a pair of RC-10's. My musical tastes are broad - branching from HipHop and Jazz to Classical Music and even Indie Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 449
These subs are so different that they aren't often compared. The VTF15h is a very large sub that has lots of output. The F12G is a much smaller sub that places much more emphasis on low distortion than output. The VTF15h will likely have many times the output capability than the F12G, but if you don't listen to stuff loud, the F12G might make more sense for you. I would say if your highest priority is low distortion and accuracy, go for the F12G, but if you want some dynamic range, go for the VTF15h. However, it isn't like the VTF15h is going to sound sloppy, it will be very good for accuracy and low distortion, but I just wouldn't expect it to match the F12 in that respect.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page