Subwoofer SVS SB-12 Plus or Velodyne Impact 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am being advised change SVS SB-12 Plus for Velodyne Impact 10. What can I do? Help me. My setup: bookshelves B&W 601 S-3 + central B&W LCR 60. Receiver NAD 747T. Thanks.

Ricardo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
I would go with the SVS SB-12 for sure!! The SVS is in another league compared to the Velodyne Impact 10!!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 572
Quote:
I am being advised change SVS SB-12 Plus for Velodyne Impact 10. What can I do?
Velodyne Impact 10
- 10" driver
- 150W RMS / 250W dynamic
- 38-140 Hz +/-3dB

SVS SB12-NSD (I assume you mean SB12-NSD, since there currently is no SB12-Plus.)
- 12" driver
- 400W RMS / 800W dynamic
- 23-270Hz +/- 3dB

No competition: SB12-NSD all the way! cool.gif
post #4 of 5 Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Setup my SB12-NSD a few hours ago. I read all the reviews and decided to give it a try before the return period ran out on my B&W sub.

Like all the other reviews, all I can say is WOW! I'm really impressed with the sound and how this base fires and provides fill. The B&W was really nice but it does not kick in on the suttle low notes that this SVS does. In other words, I'm hearing base that I did not know I was missing before.

I also bought a PB12-Plus for my home theater. I cant wait to set that up now but that wont be for a few days.

I'm so happy right now that I came across SVS. With the SVS bill of rights, how can you go wrong? There is no reason not to try them first. Worst case scenario is you pay for shipping to send it back, however, there is a reason this company can offer such a great (45 day) trial deal period is because it's highly unlikely that a person would not be satisfied. Just knowing I can upgrade within one year using the full price I paid for my sub is just amazing!!!
post #5 of 5 Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drober30 View Post

Setup my SB12-NSD a few hours ago. I read all the reviews and decided to give it a try before the return period ran out on my B&W sub.
Like all the other reviews, all I can say is WOW! I'm really impressed with the sound and how this base fires and provides fill. The B&W was really nice but it does not kick in on the suttle low notes that this SVS does. In other words, I'm hearing base that I did not know I was missing before.
I also bought a PB12-Plus for my home theater. I cant wait to set that up now but that wont be for a few days.
I'm so happy right now that I came across SVS. With the SVS bill of rights, how can you go wrong? There is no reason not to try them first. Worst case scenario is you pay for shipping to send it back, however, there is a reason this company can offer such a great (45 day) trial deal period is because it's highly unlikely that a person would not be satisfied. Just knowing I can upgrade within one year using the full price I paid for my sub is just amazing!!!

Congrats on your purchase. Thanks to many on this forum, I took a leap of faith and ended-up buying one about a month ago, just before the review came out. I think this is one sub that will end-up being regarded as a classic in the small sub category, and a textbook example of how it should be done. It really is outstanding for what it is, and is exceedingly adept at music (which is the kind of system it ended-up going into — music-only) playback. I added the Anti-Mode 8033C EQ, and it was a very good investment overall. I've never had a sub integrate so effortlessly in my system/room like this beore — EVER.

I think we'll be seeing LOTS of folks here like you and me posting how they just purchased this sub, with the accolades to follow...again, congrats!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Velodyne Impact 10 10 Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page