Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

well that stinks Jim,
A KC cohort picked one of them up and it arrived in the last couple days. He's invited me to measure it out -- I hope his doesn't exhibit the same mundane performance.

Well, waiting for the further testing result.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

A KC cohort picked one of them up and it arrived in the last couple days. He's invited me to measure it out -- I hope his doesn't exhibit the same mundane performance.

If your buddy doesn't mind pulling out the driver... I'd be curious to see if his also has an exposed VC. After what Josh said my guess is it will, but ya never know. If it doesn't maybe I will exchange this one instead of just getting a refund. Vann's gives you 30 days, but they start the clock when they ship it not when it's received. Bit of a scam, to be honest, considering it took 10 days to arrive. That left me less than 3 weeks, and I've used up about half that already.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
Old 08-14-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

If your buddy doesn't mind pulling out the driver... I'd be curious to see if his also has an exposed VC. After what Josh said my guess is it will, but ya never know. If it doesn't maybe I will exchange this one instead of just getting a refund. Vann's gives you 30 days, but they start the clock when they ship it not when it's received. Bit of a scam, to be honest, considering it took 10 days to arrive. That left me less than 3 weeks, and I've used up about half that already.

maybe you could exchange first, then ask for refund? tongue.gif
Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTOG View Post

maybe you could exchange first, then ask for refund? tongue.gif

Although the little voice in my head was saying "just get a refund" I inexplicably opted to do an exchange instead. It's hard for me to imagine the output from the sub I have could possibly be what Jamo had intended, so my curiosity got the better of me.

Before Vann's will send out a replacement they have to receive the sub I have now. Shipping and internal paperwork will probably be 1.5 weeks total. If the replacement also takes a ridiculous 10 days to arrive it will be several weeks before I have any more information about this sub.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:

Although the little voice in my head was saying "just get a refund" I inexplicably opted to do an exchange instead. It's hard for me to imagine the output from the sub I have could possibly be what Jamo had intended, so my curiosity got the better of me.
Before Vann's will send out a replacement they have to receive the sub I have now. Shipping and internal paperwork will probably be 1.5 weeks total. If the replacement also takes a ridiculous 10 days to arrive it will be several weeks before I have any more information about this sub.

Hurry up, the count will decide whether Vann's could keep the business in Aug 28.Because Vann's only get 5M bankruptcy loan, every could happen.

BTW, I saw the Energy 10.3 onsale again, and the Polk PSW505 is in the same price. But I could not buy now! Maybe I have to wait for next promotion again!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTOG View Post

Hurry up, the count will decide whether Vann's could keep the business in Aug 28.Because Vann's only get 5M bankruptcy loan, every could happen.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Are you intimating that Vann's hasn't secured sufficient financing to survive beyond August 28th?

Old 08-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Are you intimating that Vann's hasn't secured sufficient financing to survive beyond August 28th?

maybe or may not, they just got temporary permission last time. If big creditors don't like their plan, maybe the court will order liquidation.

at that time, Vann's will not honor their exchange or return policy.

of course, hopefully not. tongue.gif

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Subwoofers , Dayton Audio Htp 3 5 1 Home Theater Package 12 Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each