$4000 for 2 subwoofers suggestions - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Ugh. Don't use the 14k, get the 10kQ. Bridge the two pairs of outputs for an 8ohm 4,200w output. Two LMS-U's in series is 8ohm. Bam!

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually with that little clearance required 2 hp's will fit with room to spare. Does seaton run any sales or discounts other than the multiple purchase discount.
Thanks
Jim
post #33 of 36 Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

RS15HF x8 $1320
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-468
3.5ft3 flat pack x8 $800 (plus shipping)
http://www.diysoundgroup.com/subwoofer-flatpacks/35-sub-flat-pack.html
NU6000DSP $500
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=248-6710
Sticking with the DIY theme. Since width is unlimited, have a set of 4 side by side on each side of the screen wired to 4ohm. 1600 watts with full DSP control going to each set of 4 subs.

Haha... We're getting out of control with our recommendations...

I've heard nothing but good things about the submersive. With a $4K budget you are going to be "happy" with whatever you get. Both from a performance and from a "I dropped $4K" on my LFE perspective. No body likes to be told that if they would have done "this" or "that" it would have been a better utilization of their funds...

I'm dropping close to $4K getting everything in order for my DIY Dual LMS Ultra's. I'm pretty sure no body is going to be able to talk me out of the fact that I have two of the best performing subs in the world with output unmatched in the 22 x 22 x 22 sealed form factor I have choosen for installation.

Some people could make an arguement that I could have purchased 8 15" dayton subs for the price of ONE LMS that would undoubtably outperform a single or dual Ultras, but I don't have the room for that! If had the room for 8 subs i'd just get more Ultras...

smile.gif

post #34 of 36 Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Nothing out of control about a multi sealed sub setup. Not claiming any performance dominance from that option, just something to consider for well under budget, that would still offer tremendous performance from as high as the OP wants to low pass, to well under 20hz.
post #35 of 36 Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post

Nothing out of control about a multi sealed sub setup. Not claiming any performance dominance from that option, just something to consider for well under budget, that would still offer tremendous performance from as high as the OP wants to low pass, to well under 20hz.

I just made that comment because I'm pretty sure he is space limited. Your octosub recommendation would definitely be a stellar performer, but not feasible for the OP's space.

post #36 of 36 Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 242
If you do not go DIY, or even if you do since they are available as DIY kits, a pair of Rythmik F15's or F25's would sound pretty darn good and fit your budget. I tend to favor servo-controlled designs, though have to admit the DIY options presented are pretty mind (and ear) blowing!

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page