I'm in the market for a new sub since my JBL e250p died. And after looking at quite a few threads, and the possibly outdated craigsub list, I still need some help.
1. I have a max budget of $600, but if a subwoofer shipped is like $608, that's fine.
2. I don't have any size requirements
3. Apartment Living room size is 16' x 17' x 8' or 2176cf
4. 60% HT / 30% music / 10% TV
5. I love bass but usually don't push the volume very high, never above -10dB on my receiver. I'd also like to avoid being evicted from my apartment. But I'd also like a sub I can keep for quite a few years.
6. I'm not picky about looks, so the matte eD sub is just fine
7. I also don't have any particular timeframe, I can wait for and eD to be made, I've heard it can take a while.
I have no idea how these subs compare and some people have posted actual response curves that differ quite a bit from what the company says. I think the Elemental Designs may have the best bang for the buck @ $415 shipped. But I'm concerned over their previous amp issues. Some people say they are using Dayton amps. Does anyone know if that's still true?
I could get a B-stock Hsu VTF-2 MK4 for $529 shipped. Is another $100 worth it over the eD?
Or if i spend a bit more the Epik Legend @ $563 shipped looks like a good value also. Although, my primary purpose is HT, I'm concerned about its lower range.
I've also considered the eD A3-300 but for another $185, it didn't appear I'd be gaining that much.
I appreciate any input! Thanks!