Resolving Issues With Elemental Designs - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 182 Old 09-25-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky8125 View Post

Well, I just received a letter from the Iowa Attorney Generals Office.
To sum up the letter.....
My complaint has been filed with the Consumer Protection Division. They will be contacting ED and asking them for a written response to my complaint and including an explanation of what actions they propose to take.
So, I guess I am playing the waiting game now as the letter read that it could take 4 to 6 weeks to get a response.
This is all I have to update for now.
I guess the AG will figure out just what people actually owned that company. I wonder if Alex will be as chatty with the AG as he was with all the customers that he used to correspond with.
spanky8125 likes this.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 182 Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Member
 
idratherbeflying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky8125 View Post

Well, I just received a letter from the Iowa Attorney Generals Office.
To sum up the letter.....
My complaint has been filed with the Consumer Protection Division. They will be contacting ED and asking them for a written response to my complaint and including an explanation of what actions they propose to take.
So, I guess I am playing the waiting game now as the letter read that it could take 4 to 6 weeks to get a response.
This is all I have to update for now.

Got the same boilerplate letter from the Iowa AG.

My bank cannot get a response (surprise) from eD but is threatening not to chargeback the purchase because it was authorized by me at the time. I guess only fraudulent charges are covered whereas this is more of an embezzlement case. Thanks bank. Thanks to eD too.

Funny how others on different threads are talking "down" to those of us who where unaware of eD's issues like we are idiots for not "seeing". I actually DID research here on AVS and even PM'd a few folks who loved them at the time. Still got bit.

I can safely recommend one ID company in this industry at this point however: JTR. Jeff is great on the phone and follows through. Amazing, no? I picked up three used Triple 12s recently that are just baffling in build and sound quality.

Anyway, back on topic, I expect absolutely nothing from the Iowa AG. I have family in an allied profession and this is nothing compared to what they have on their plates otherwise. I do hope I'll eat those words but I'm not holding out.
spanky8125 likes this.

idratherbeflying is offline  
post #93 of 182 Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
rx-8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mermaid, PE, Canada
Posts: 517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbeflying View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky8125 View Post

Well, I just received a letter from the Iowa Attorney Generals Office.
To sum up the letter.....
My complaint has been filed with the Consumer Protection Division. They will be contacting ED and asking them for a written response to my complaint and including an explanation of what actions they propose to take.
So, I guess I am playing the waiting game now as the letter read that it could take 4 to 6 weeks to get a response.
This is all I have to update for now.

Got the same boilerplate letter from the Iowa AG.

My bank cannot get a response (surprise) from eD but is threatening not to chargeback the purchase because it was authorized by me at the time. I guess only fraudulent charges are covered whereas this is more of an embezzlement case. Thanks bank. Thanks to eD too.

Funny how others on different threads are talking "down" to those of us who where unaware of eD's issues like we are idiots for not "seeing". I actually DID research here on AVS and even PM'd a few folks who loved them at the time. Still got bit.

I can safely recommend one ID company in this industry at this point however: JTR. Jeff is great on the phone and follows through. Amazing, no? I picked up three used Triple 12s recently that are just baffling in build and sound quality.

Anyway, back on topic, I expect absolutely nothing from the Iowa AG. I have family in an allied profession and this is nothing compared to what they have on their plates otherwise. I do hope I'll eat those words but I'm not holding out.

I would agree with the JTR recommendation, but I would also like to add Seaton Sound (Mark Seaton) to the list of safely recommended ID companies. Mark has a huge following on this forum, and IMO, everyone who has done business with him, I expect would support with my recommendation.

-- Bill --
rx-8 is offline  
post #94 of 182 Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Member
 
godzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbeflying View Post

Got the same boilerplate letter from the Iowa AG.
My bank cannot get a response (surprise) from eD but is threatening not to chargeback the purchase because it was authorized by me at the time. I guess only fraudulent charges are covered whereas this is more of an embezzlement case. Thanks bank. Thanks to eD too.
Funny how others on different threads are talking "down" to those of us who where unaware of eD's issues like we are idiots for not "seeing". I actually DID research here on AVS and even PM'd a few folks who loved them at the time. Still got bit.
I can safely recommend one ID company in this industry at this point however: JTR. Jeff is great on the phone and follows through. Amazing, no? I picked up three used Triple 12s recently that are just baffling in build and sound quality.
Anyway, back on topic, I expect absolutely nothing from the Iowa AG. I have family in an allied profession and this is nothing compared to what they have on their plates otherwise. I do hope I'll eat those words but I'm not holding out.

My thought is that you only pm people who have had great experiences with eD and not those that have ran into problems....If you did, I'm sure they will give you their "REAL 100% OPNION." It's funny because I've read several reviews on various speakers at different GTG and they all wrote positive things for the various different speakers in public forums. Of course no one wants to put anyone down. Yet when you pm them, they will paint a different image for you in private. I believed this saved me from all the eD headaches (end up with a nice epik tower from the pre-china date)
godzen is offline  
post #95 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by idratherbeflying View Post

Got the same boilerplate letter from the Iowa AG.
My bank cannot get a response (surprise) from eD but is threatening not to chargeback the purchase because it was authorized by me at the time. I guess only fraudulent charges are covered whereas this is more of an embezzlement case. Thanks bank. Thanks to eD too.
Funny how others on different threads are talking "down" to those of us who where unaware of eD's issues like we are idiots for not "seeing". I actually DID research here on AVS and even PM'd a few folks who loved them at the time. Still got bit.
I can safely recommend one ID company in this industry at this point however: JTR. Jeff is great on the phone and follows through. Amazing, no? I picked up three used Triple 12s recently that are just baffling in build and sound quality.
Anyway, back on topic, I expect absolutely nothing from the Iowa AG. I have family in an allied profession and this is nothing compared to what they have on their plates otherwise. I do hope I'll eat those words but I'm not holding out.

So what can people do, who have paid for products they did not receive and are having problems with their credit cards or banks? Most of them said they did try to e-mail Matt and got no response and now of course there will be no response from ED. How can they resolve their issues from their banks and credit cards when there will be nobody from ED to respond to them? IF there are others that were able to get their monies back, how were they able to contest it with their credit cards or banks?
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #96 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wasn't Matt able to help those who had issues with their RMA amps? He responded to their e-mails and was able to direct their amplifier to Dave, Elemental Designs' subcontractor. Maybe these guys who are having problems with their banks and credit cards can get a hold of Matt. Dave is very helpful in fixing for a small fee, those who have sent their amps for repair and has direct contact with Matt. Maybe he can convince Matt to help these customers who have nothing at all and spent a few hundreds to thousands of dollars. Matt, also will not need to ship anything but just respond to the banks or credit card companies and explain the truth.
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #97 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

So what can people do, who have paid for products they did not receive and are having problems with their credit cards or banks? Most of them said they did try to e-mail Matt and got no response and now of course there will be no response from ED. How can they resolve their issues from their banks and credit cards when there will be nobody from ED to respond to them? IF there are others that were able to get their monies back, how were they able to contest it with their credit cards or banks?
If they appear to be getting pushed pack by their CC company, they can ask to speak to that person's supervisor and see if that makes a difference. If all else fails, if they haven't already, they should contact steve.switzer@iowa.gov and lay out their situation. In the meantime, there's not much that can be done other than wait.

As to why Matt, AFAIK, is not saying anything, consider the very real possibility that he has retained an attorney who has advised him to stay silent as this whole mess plays out.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is offline  
post #98 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

If they appear to be getting pushed pack by their CC company, they can ask to speak to that person's supervisor and see if that makes a difference. If all else fails, if they haven't already, they should contact steve.switzer@iowa.gov and lay out their situation. In the meantime, there's not much that can be done other than wait.
As to why Matt, AFAIK, is not saying anything, consider the very real possibility that he has retained an attorney who has advised him to stay silent as this whole mess plays out.

They, Matt and Dave, were able to help others and Matt was able to respond in full details to those who have issues with their RMA amps. Maybe he can extend a little bit more and help these others as well.

A lot of custemrs who had their amps repaired have expressed how Matt and Dave were able to bend over backwards and help them with their repairs. I have no doubt they will be able to help these people as well in explaining the whole truth to the credit card companies and banks. Matt was busy with shipping these amps to dave, he may not be as busy now, so why not try and contact him again. It won't hurt them any more if they try.
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #99 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bfreedma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 9 iron from Philly
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

They, Matt and Dave, were able to help others and Matt was able to respond in full details to those who have issues with their RMA amps. Maybe he can extend a little bit more and help these others as well.
A lot of custemrs who had their amps repaired have expressed how Matt and Dave were able to bend over backwards and help them with their repairs. I have no doubt they will be able to help these people as well in explaining the whole truth to the credit card companies and banks. Matt was busy with shipping these amps to dave, he may not be as busy now, so why not try and contact him again. It won't hurt them any more if they try.

Read the post above yours for the answer. If legal proceedings have been initiated, Chu is highly likely to be correct in his suggestion that Matt's attorney's have clamped down on communications.
bfreedma is offline  
post #100 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Member
 
spl152db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post

Last I knew he wasn't able to do anything and was blocked legally from doing more. So I wouldn't hold my breath for an update.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

If they appear to be getting pushed pack by their CC company, they can ask to speak to that person's supervisor and see if that makes a difference. If all else fails, if they haven't already, they should contact steve.switzer@iowa.gov and lay out their situation. In the meantime, there's not much that can be done other than wait.
As to why Matt, AFAIK, is not saying anything, consider the very real possibility that he has retained an attorney who has advised him to stay silent as this whole mess plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

They, Matt and Dave, were able to help others and Matt was able to respond in full details to those who have issues with their RMA amps. Maybe he can extend a little bit more and help these others as well.
A lot of custemrs who had their amps repaired have expressed how Matt and Dave were able to bend over backwards and help them with their repairs. I have no doubt they will be able to help these people as well in explaining the whole truth to the credit card companies and banks. Matt was busy with shipping these amps to dave, he may not be as busy now, so why not try and contact him again. It won't hurt them any more if they try.

see my quote above. He is blocked legally from all actions.

I also haven't heard from him since he told me that either.
spl152db is offline  
post #101 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bfreedma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 9 iron from Philly
Posts: 1,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

They still hve communications with those whose amps are being fixed, so it won't hurt but try.

Matt is still communicating? Not from what has been both stated and observable recently.

Dave is in an entirely different situation, but other than appearing to be the "good guy" here, he doesn't seemed to be positioned in a way that would assist anyone in getting a refund from ED.
bfreedma is offline  
post #102 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post

see my quote above. He is blocked legally from all actions.
I also haven't heard from him since he told me that either.

I see. As customers have expressed how Matt was so helpful, maybe Matt will reconsider and help these others out as well. Wonder if his lawyer was agreeable to him sending those RMA amps to dave? Wonder if dave has a lawyer as he is stuck with RMA amps? I guess what's important is they are getting those RMA amps fixed. Well, these customers have nothing to lose anymore. I guess it wouldn't hurt but try.
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #103 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Member
 
spl152db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

I see. As customers have expressed how Matt was so helpful, maybe Matt will reconsider and help these others out as well. Wonder if his lawyer was agreeable to him sending those RMA amps to dave? Wonder if dave has a lawyer as he is stuck with RMA amps? I guess what's important is they are getting those RMA amps fixed. Well, these customers have nothing to lose anymore. I guess it wouldn't hurt but try.

Matt can't reconsider. Legally bound. Please read things before typing. You've done this twice TODAY. Him sending RMA's out on his own money has nothing to do with it. It wasn't product owned by eD at the time. Why would Dave need a lawyer? he's not stuck with anything and hasn't stolen anything. In fact he's trying to return product to the owners so how could he be arrested or hit with legal issues? Maybe if he gives away people's products to someone other than the person who owns it.
spl152db is offline  
post #104 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post

Matt can't reconsider. Legally bound. Please read things before typing. You've done this twice TODAY. Him sending RMA's out on his own money has nothing to do with it. It wasn't product owned by eD at the time. Why would Dave need a lawyer? he's not stuck with anything and hasn't stolen anything. In fact he's trying to return product to the owners so how could he be arrested or hit with legal issues? Maybe if he gives away people's products to someone other than the person who owns it.



Because he now has ED amps that were initially sent to ED for warranty repair. As per Dave, he posted that Matt had been in contact with him and told him amps will be shipped to him per customers request, but obviously Dave posted a list of owners of these amps and was trying to get a hold of them. Matt, as per your information, is legally bound not to talk, so it will be wise for dave to be consulting legal help to make sure he is not stuck with products that a customer might consult legal help and say should have been fixed for free and wonder why it is now in LasVegas when it should have been in Iowa.

And please do chill. Am just trying to get every possible way to be able to help these customers who are now saying that they were misiniformed. Posters like idratherbeflying are now feeling that they have not been properly informed on how ED had been conducting its business, that he could have avoided his situation right now if he was properly informed. He now is in a situation when even his own bank is not backing him up. Just focusing on every avenue to be able to help customers like idratherbeflying and many others.

Seriously, for these customers' sake, do you have any other suggestions that can help them with their banks and cc companies?
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #105 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If anybody had a postive or similar experience with regards to banks or credit card companies, please share. ED closed its doors and other than forums, there are no more information on the internet about Elemental Designs. No response to phone calls, no person to talk to, no official statement that can at least back up these customers with their dispute? I don't know if any or all of them printed their e-receipt, and if a printed copy will be enough proof as there is no more site to verify it with. I am not sure but will credit card companies or banks even consider to read forums to at least investigate the claims of these customers?

To those who have positive experience? How were you able to dispute it with your cc companies? What informations do you have that justified your dispute? Please share.
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #106 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Member
 
daveds50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by spl152db View Post

Why would Dave need a lawyer? he's not stuck with anything and hasn't stolen anything. In fact he's trying to return product to the owners so how could he be arrested or hit with legal issues? Maybe if he gives away people's products to someone other than the person who owns it.

exactly. while i do have a business lawyer, i dont need her.

besides, 18 of the 28 RMA units are already back to their owners.

of the remaining 10, 9 have been contacted and am awaiting an answer.

1 person has no contact info on his RMA... some people do not read very well, and did not give any of the info that the RMA sheet asked for. there is a e mail address, however, it bounces. but... i think i have a lead on who it is, and they may be in NY.

if any amp is unclaimed after i try everything i can to contact the owner, it will sit in the corner of my shop forever, or until someone contacts me about it.


other issues... i do not have contact with Matt. the last contact, as when the pallet was sent. nothing since, and that is ok with me. eD and i are square, even though i did lose quite a bit, i am ok with that.

i do know that spl152db mentioned a while ago, that Matt legally cannot do anything anymore.
daveds50 is offline  
post #107 of 182 Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rboster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 17,818
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

Because he now has ED amps that were initially sent to ED for warranty repair. As per Dave, he posted that Matt had been in contact with him and told him amps will be shipped to him per customers request, but obviously Dave posted a list of owners of these amps and was trying to get a hold of them. Matt, as per your information, is legally bound not to talk, so it will be wise for dave to be consulting legal help to make sure he is not stuck with products that a customer might consult legal help and say should have been fixed for free and wonder why it is now in LasVegas when it should have been in Iowa.
And please do chill. Am just trying to get every possible way to be able to help these customers who are now saying that they were misiniformed. Posters like idratherbeflying are now feeling that they have not been properly informed on how ED had been conducting its business, that he could have avoided his situation right now if he was properly informed. He now is in a situation when even his own bank is not backing him up. Just focusing on every avenue to be able to help customers like idratherbeflying and many others.
Seriously, for these customers' sake, do you have any other suggestions that can help them with their banks and cc companies?

First let me say, you should leave Dave out of your investigation of ED. What he is doing is separate from the ED failure and the aftermath. So please stop with the Dave questioning etc.

No one is debating the need or desire to help those that were left in the cold. The problem is your posts tread the same ground over and over. ....I think the heart of the problem is there is no new information and really no quick answers. The desire to have someone "own up to the problems" here on this forum or anywhere outside of a legal proceeding won't happen here, or anytime soon. IMHO, 'this will be a drawn out legal issue (which may not have a positive resolution) and won't be resolved in this forum.

This past July, my dept at work had a company we supplied close their doors after the sale of their company fell through. We talked to ppl at the company on a Thursday, but the following Monday no one answered the phones. We have not been able to reach any of the 3 owner's nor any employees (that hadn't left after that weekend). The company I work for is out 200k in receivables (all within their credit limit. Terrific payment history too). I am personally out in commissions thousands of dollars. What can I do...sit and stew, feel cheated...sure. I have to let the GC do their thing...but we will realistically not see that money again....nor will I see my commissions on those sales. Time to move on and focus my energies on creating new business to make up for the losses.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Feeler: I'm thinking of selling my JTR Triple 8HT's Let me know if you are interested?
For Sale: ACS PlanarTrap (freestanding acoustic panel) ($300/pair)[/B]:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...tic-panel.html
rboster is online now  
post #108 of 182 Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
MarvelousMarvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

First let me say, you should leave Dave out of your investigation of ED. What he is doing is separate from the ED failure and the aftermath. So please stop with the Dave questioning etc.
No one is debating the need or desire to help those that were left in the cold. The problem is your posts tread the same ground over and over. ....I think the heart of the problem is there is no new information and really no quick answers. The desire to have someone "own up to the problems" here on this forum or anywhere outside of a legal proceeding won't happen here, or anytime soon. IMHO, 'this will be a drawn out legal issue (which may not have a positive resolution) and won't be resolved in this forum.
This past July, my dept at work had a company we supplied close their doors after the sale of their company fell through. We talked to ppl at the company on a Thursday, but the following Monday no one answered the phones. We have not been able to reach any of the 3 owner's nor any employees (that hadn't left after that weekend). The company I work for is out 200k in receivables (all within their credit limit. Terrific payment history too). I am personally out in commissions thousands of dollars. What can I do...sit and stew, feel cheated...sure. I have to let the GC do their thing...but we will realistically not see that money again....nor will I see my commissions on those sales. Time to move on and focus my energies on creating new business to make up for the losses.


Now everybody is saying let's not talk about it, nothing will come out and won't be resolved in this forum. Although it's in this forum where many customers, like idratherbeflying got all his informations and research why he got himself into his situation right now. You talk about your company, what we have here are private individuals and have limited resources compared to big companies like yours and mine.

Then again, just to let everybody know. I did ask a friend lawyer about this situation and his advice is for everybody, including those who are in dealings with ED subcontractor daved, to file their complaint to the IOWA AG, if not to pursue their void warranty, at least it will help flood the agency with LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS and help others who got nothing at all.

It will obviously take time, but once they do start investigating, even subcontractors will most probably be investigated. And after everything, the least people would find out are the real names of those really involved so people can watch out and stay away from these individuals if they start another company again.
MarvelousMarvin is offline  
post #109 of 182 Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 7,279
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

First let me say, you should leave Dave out of your investigation of ED. What he is doing is separate from the ED failure and the aftermath. So please stop with the Dave questioning etc.
No one is debating the need or desire to help those that were left in the cold. The problem is your posts tread the same ground over and over. ....I think the heart of the problem is there is no new information and really no quick answers. The desire to have someone "own up to the problems" here on this forum or anywhere outside of a legal proceeding won't happen here, or anytime soon. IMHO, 'this will be a drawn out legal issue (which may not have a positive resolution) and won't be resolved in this forum.
This past July, my dept at work had a company we supplied close their doors after the sale of their company fell through. We talked to ppl at the company on a Thursday, but the following Monday no one answered the phones. We have not been able to reach any of the 3 owner's nor any employees (that hadn't left after that weekend). The company I work for is out 200k in receivables (all within their credit limit. Terrific payment history too). I am personally out in commissions thousands of dollars. What can I do...sit and stew, feel cheated...sure. I have to let the GC do their thing...but we will realistically not see that money again....nor will I see my commissions on those sales. Time to move on and focus my energies on creating new business to make up for the losses.


Now everybody is saying let's not talk about it, nothing will come out and won't be resolved in this forum. Although it's in this forum where many customers, like idratherbeflying got all his informations and research why he got himself into his situation right now. You talk about your company, what we have here are private individuals and have limited resources compared to big companies like yours and mine.

Then again, just to let everybody know. I did ask a friend lawyer about this situation and his advice is for everybody, including those who are in dealings with ED subcontractor daved, to file their complaint to the IOWA AG, if not to pursue their void warranty, at least it will help flood the agency with LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS and help others who got nothing at all.

It will obviously take time, but once they do start investigating, even subcontractors will most probably be investigated. And after everything, the least people would find out are the real names of those really involved so people can watch out and stay away from these individuals if they start another company again.

Marvelous Marvin you seem to have quite the comprehension issue.... Just what is your involvement with eD claims, are you out something?

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz


lovinthehd is online now  
post #110 of 182 Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Member
 
mrsinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Who is really the face of Marvelous Marvin? Who is really behind the commentary!? We may never know.... rolleyes.gif
its phillip likes this.

Emotiva LPA-1
Oppo BDP-103
Klipsch RF-63 / RC-64
PSA XV-15
Panasonic 55vt50
Yamaha RX-A3000 (Retired)
mrsinister is offline  
post #111 of 182 Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chris Schempp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

It will obviously take time, but once they do start investigating, even subcontractors will most probably be investigated. And after everything, the least people would find out are the real names of those really involved so people can watch out and stay away from these individuals if they start another company again.

Really? Are you still on this conspiracy theory of who really owned eD?

Obviously you know Matt from his postings here and attempts to help after everything went down.

And Alex's name has been given to you more times than I care to try counting in these two threads.

You continue to talk about "the real names of the people". Those are the real names of the people, trying to come up with some crazy theory where it's not them isn't going to change the fact. The Iowa AG isn't going to pop in to this thread to confirm this information for you and it really sounds like that's about the only person you'd believe regardless of how many times you're told the facts.

I know you want to believe someone else is really "pulling the strings" and there is a mysterious "puppet master" stealing all the money and hanging everyone else out to dry. But your desire for something else and continually talking about it, isn't going to change the truth and isn't helping anyone at this point other than to feed false information in to the discussion.
its phillip likes this.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
Chris Schempp is offline  
post #112 of 182 Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
NorCalJason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Really? Are you still on this conspiracy theory of who really owned eD?
Obviously you know Matt from his postings here and attempts to help after everything went down.
And Alex's name has been given to you more times than I care to try counting in these two threads.
You continue to talk about "the real names of the people". Those are the real names of the people, trying to come up with some crazy theory where it's not them isn't going to change the fact. The Iowa AG isn't going to pop in to this thread to confirm this information for you and it really sounds like that's about the only person you'd believe regardless of how many times you're told the facts.
I know you want to believe someone else is really "pulling the strings" and there is a mysterious "puppet master" stealing all the money and hanging everyone else out to dry. But your desire for something else and continually talking about it, isn't going to change the truth and isn't helping anyone at this point other than to feed false information in to the discussion.

biggrin.gif

It is what it is... At the end of the day a once great ID company has fallen apart.

It's customers left without warranty support.

Period. End of story.

Anything outside of this truth is a waste...
NorCalJason is offline  
post #113 of 182 Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rboster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 17,818
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post

Now everybody is saying let's not talk about it, nothing will come out and won't be resolved in this forum. Although it's in this forum where many customers, like idratherbeflying got all his informations and research why he got himself into his situation right now. You talk about your company, what we have here are private individuals and have limited resources compared to big companies like yours and mine.
Then again, just to let everybody know. I did ask a friend lawyer about this situation and his advice is for everybody, including those who are in dealings with ED subcontractor daved, to file their complaint to the IOWA AG, if not to pursue their void warranty, at least it will help flood the agency with LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS and help others who got nothing at all.
It will obviously take time, but once they do start investigating, even subcontractors will most probably be investigated. And after everything, the least people would find out are the real names of those really involved so people can watch out and stay away from these individuals if they start another company again.

Bringing up an inference that AVS is somehow accountable for resolving ED issues since members learned about the company or bought from the company based on posts here is out of line. You need to drop that line of reasoning and move on.
Aestus likes this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Feeler: I'm thinking of selling my JTR Triple 8HT's Let me know if you are interested?
For Sale: ACS PlanarTrap (freestanding acoustic panel) ($300/pair)[/B]:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...tic-panel.html
rboster is online now  
post #114 of 182 Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Newbie
 
Alagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Update on my billing dispute. Original details of my situation can be found *here*

I finally received confirmation this last week that my credit card (AT&T Universal Mastercard through Citi) had completed their investigation and were making the $2,800 conditional credit permanent.

Details of the dispute process for me were as follows:
  • 5/10/12 Placed order with Elemental Designs for 3 eDc12's and 4 eDc6's for $2,800.
  • 8/9/12 Initiated dispute with my credit card and the $2,800 was immediately posted as 'conditional'. The fellow I spoke to said that I would be receiving a letter to provide any details or evidence I had regarding the issue with Elemental Designs.
  • 8/28/12 After not hearing anything from my credit card for a couple weeks, I called them asking if I should have received the letter yet. They said I would in fact not be receiving anything and that they were awaiting a reply from Elemental Designs at this point. I mentioned that it appeared Elemental Designs was going belly up and was told they would let me know when the investigation was complete.
  • 9/29/12 Received email notification that the dispute investigation was complete and the conditional charge was now permanent

So, in my case the dispute process went well. If it matters, I have had this card for 20+ years and charge everything on it so I may be considered a good customer.

In the mean time I ordered a set of three Triple 8's and four Single 8's. Got them last weekend and will be mounting the last two single 8's on the wall tonight. I had previously received a Submersive HP and am anxious to try out the whole system. Props to both Jeff at JTR and Mark at Seaton - excellent service all around.

Best of luck to any others out there that have not received their monies or have product that was at ED for repair.
Alagar is offline  
post #115 of 182 Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
NorCalJason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 576
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
For those who are interested, I received an email from the Iowa AG today.

"Hello:

Thank you for contacting the office of Attorney General Tom Miller with your concerns about Elemental Designs. You are one of several people receiving this e-mail, so the discussion below will apply to you according to your particulars.

We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns about Elemental Designs, a Newton, Iowa company, which, as you may know, recently went out of business. We have not been able to contact any remaining company representatives for possible assistance to customers.

Based on the information we have at this writing, it does not appear there is any other action representatives of this office are in a position to take. Accordingly, we are closing our files on this matter.

In reviewing the possible options for you to address your concerns, it appears they are very limited. There is no bonding/insurance requirement in Iowa law, against the possibility that a company closes its doors, owing customers goods, services, refunds, and etcetera. The options, as we see them, are enumerated below. If you have not already exercised one or more of the following options, depending upon your situation, you may wish to do so:

1) If you paid by credit card you may wish to dispute the charge with your card issuer. We suggest this even if the charge was posted to your account more than sixty days ago, the usual deadline for such disputes. In disputing the charge you would explain in detail your situation. For example, if you ordered a product that was not delivered you would explain in detail what you ordered, when you ordered it, that it was not delivered, and any other details that may help support your charge dispute. It may help to state in your dispute that you contacted our office for possible assistance. Credit card companies generally give a merchant a time frame within which to respond, and, if no response is provided, a credit to you may be granted.

2) If you paid through PayPal you may be able to dispute your payment through PayPal dispute resolution procedures. We suggest this even if any deadline for such disputes has past. In disputing the charge you would explain in detail your situation. For example, if you ordered a product that was not delivered, you would explain in detail what you ordered, when you ordered it, that it was not delivered, and any other details that may help support your charge dispute. It may help to state in your dispute that you contacted our office for possible assistance.

3) If you paid by cash or check you may wish to consider contacting your personal attorney for advice and possible assistance with civil action, or you may wish to consider filing a lawsuit in the appropriate small claim court. Your attorney should be able to advise you as to the appropriate court.

Regardless the above options, and in any event, you may wish to contact your personal attorney for advice and possible assistance. If you do not have an attorney and your search for one is difficult, you may wish to ask friends, family or other associates for recommendations.

In addition, if you choose to contact an Iowa attorney, the Iowa State Bar Association operates a FIND-A-LAWYER service on its website: www.iowafindalawyer.com. The service will supply you the name or names of lawyers who are willing to consult with you for $25 for the first 30 minutes. If further legal services are needed, you and the attorney can negotiate an arrangement including the fee. Most state bar associations have similar services.

We will continue to monitor the situation in the event we may be able to provide some assistance.

We hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for writing to us with your concerns.

Sincerely,

Stephen Switzer, Investigator
Consumer Protection Division
Attorney General's Office/Department of Justice State of Iowa
1305 East Walnut Street, 2nd Floor
Hoover State Office Building
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
voice direct 515.281.8771
division 515.281.5926/888.777.4590
www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov
NorCalJason is offline  
post #116 of 182 Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 595
I wonder how this applies or people who sent thousands in? How tragic is the statement that they can't contact any company representatives.mad.gif. After all, doesn't the amount of monies on an individual basis rise to the monetary level for fraud?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is offline  
post #117 of 182 Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,595
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Wow, pathetic. What is the point of having an AG if they aren't going to protect consumers?



dohere.jpg
carp is offline  
post #118 of 182 Old 10-10-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Chu Gai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC area
Posts: 14,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Wow, pathetic. What is the point of having an AG if they aren't going to protect consumers?
dohere.jpg
Like they couldn't find Ben Milne and get the name(s) and addresses of who he sold the company to?

If anyone has addresses, Facebook pages, phone numbers, pass them on to me or Steve Switzer and see if we can do something about this.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
Chu Gai is offline  
post #119 of 182 Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Member
 
rob4321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

I wonder how this applies or people who sent thousands in? How tragic is the statement that they can't contact any company representatives.mad.gif. After all, doesn't the amount of monies on an individual basis rise to the monetary level for fraud?

I got the same email and am owed over $17,000 from them.
rob4321 is offline  
post #120 of 182 Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
J_Palmer_Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,473
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Wow, pathetic. What is the point of having an AG if they aren't going to protect consumers?



dohere.jpg



This is not a criminal case. End of story.
J_Palmer_Cass is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Elemental Designs , Subwoofers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off