incorporating three subs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2012, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I've been reading up (as much as I can understand) on trying to incorporate three subs. I went ahead and ordered two Klipsch rw12ds and currently have two Bic h100s. I wanted to know if I can use one of the h100s with the two 12ds. I am trying to read up and look at as many graphs as possible, but don't really know what to look for to mate them up nicely. The H100 will be used near field placement (behind the couch) more for "feeling" than anything. The room is huge, about 8000 cu ft. (hence the H100 near field).

Is this even a good idea? I would love to buy some real subs (but the shipping to Hawaii is crazy). I have been told that the 12ds would be a lateral move from the H100s, but I just want a bit more without taking out a small loan.

Would it be as easy as making sure each sub is at 75 dbls., make sure all three are at about 75 dbls. , then run Audyssey XT? Would be nice if so.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just hook them all up with y adapters to your receiver. Run the autosetup and check the trim level for the sub channel. If its above or below 0 change each sub levels volume accordingly. I would run test tones through each sub individually to verify they are all at the same level.

The 75dB reading is not important in home applications. Just verify that they are all at the same volume and rerun autosetup.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks. Will do when I receive the two 12ds.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Acoustech H 100 Cinema Series 500 Watt Front Firing Subwoofer , Audyssey , Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page