Help setting up subwoofer - Just can't get it right! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-12-2012, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody else have an issue with their subs reading far too low on their SPL meter? I've got 2 different sets of speakers / subs, and 2 different receivers. I've mixed and matched them both, and the subs consistently read low on the SPL meter even though I can audibly hear them quite loud.

The other issue I have is after I calibrate, and then tweak levels to suit my preference, the subs sound good with music, but with movies all I hear is rumble. It's from the audio track...not noise or anything. For instance, I decided to thrown on Demolition Man (haven't seen it in a while), and the first few minutes of the movie has this rumble effect in the background. With the subs reading -65db on my SPL during calibration...all I hear is that rumble. I had to turn off the subs just to watch the movie because it was so distracting. If I turn the volume down on the subs - then I lose my other details in the bass, such as soundtrack, and depth in gunshots, etc.

Crossover set to 80Hz, even tried to turning it up to 100 - not much better at all.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
New SPL meter and or subs? Lol. Need more info. Subs? Environment?

butter and jelly please.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page