Shot amp in older velodyne - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an older Velodyne sub, the Servo F series, F 1000 to be exact and the amp is shot.
Where can I find a replcement?
I've looked at Parts-express but they dont have the same size (This amp is long and narrow, 13" x 5 1/2") they have an 80 watt amp which is what i need but its not sized correctly. I'm in the Dallas area.
What do people do with old woofers with bad amps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
They either..

1. buy a new amp and sell the old one for parts or you can use the driver in the car smile.gif
2. Buy and new plate amp and look for a piece of MDF that you can use to cover the large cutout and install your new plate amp on that MDF
3. Buy a subwoofer amp, not a plate amp, its looks like an Integrated amplifier, does not require to be installed in the box and just run the wires like regular speakers
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Have you tried to contact Velodyne? I have a HGS-15 from 1999 that they just repaired for me. They were very helpful and did a great job.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies. yes I did contact them, for the price they wanted I could have nearly purchased a new model.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks911 View Post

I have an older Velodyne sub, the Servo F series, F 1000 to be exact and the amp is shot.
Where can I find a replcement?
I've looked at Parts-express but they dont have the same size (This amp is long and narrow, 13" x 5 1/2") they have an 80 watt amp which is what i need but its not sized correctly. I'm in the Dallas area.
What do people do with old woofers with bad amps?
You could take the subwoofer to a local repair shop, we can provide them with schematics at no charge, and they may be able to repair the electronics on the component level.

When in comes to audio there are seldom right and wrong answers.  The opinions of "experts" are just that, and should be used as a suggestion only.  Remember at the end of the day it is your money, your system, and you will need to listen to it.