2nd zone subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Onkyo tx-sr507.If I want to run a 2nd zone I can just run the wire from the speaker output for zone 2(I think).If I wanted to use a sub,would I then run the speaker wires into the sub first and then out to the speakers?Could I use the pre-out for zone 2 and connect those to the sub? I think I would have to use the zone 2 speaker outs though to get power to the speakers anyway,right?I think I'm answering my own questions as I type this,but want to check on the best way to run speakers and a sub for zone 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 1024
the receiver doesn't provide any bass management for Zone 2, so it's essentially like running a basic stereo system. So you have two basic options:

option 1 - if you are going to power the zone 2 speakers using the internal amps of the Onk, use speaker wire and run the wire to both sub and speakers (if the sub has speaker outputs you can put the sub "in line" with the speakers)

option 2 - if you are going to power the zone 2 speakers with an external amp, run the zone 2 pre-outs to an external receiver/amp and use that to distribute the sound to the sub + speakers

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page