The Subwoofer Recommendation by Pricepoint Thread. - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #331 of 334 Old 02-18-2016, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
So in the $500 to $650 (shipped) range, what are the top 5 or so?
You can buy an SVS PB2000 from their Outlet Store for $649.99, no tax and free shipping. That's what I did.

Last edited by Longballsd; 02-19-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 334 Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
This is a fascinating discussion between ported and sealed. I'm wondering if I'm a candidate for sealed or would I still be better off ported? My room is 13x10x8 (high) and I can keep the door closed. 80 movies/tv/games, 20 music.

I've had a few people say I would be better off with sealed but I'm wondering if I would get more out of ported anyways?

I'm deciding between these, and as you can see, a lot of it is simply ported v sealed

Rythmik LV12r, Rythmik L12, SVS pb2000, SVS sb2000, HSU VTF2.5.
post #333 of 334 Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizorith View Post
This is a fascinating discussion between ported and sealed. I'm wondering if I'm a candidate for sealed or would I still be better off ported? My room is 13x10x8 (high) and I can keep the door closed. 80 movies/tv/games, 20 music.

I've had a few people say I would be better off with sealed but I'm wondering if I would get more out of ported anyways?

I'm deciding between these, and as you can see, a lot of it is simply ported v sealed

If those room measurements are accurate then you are only talking about 1049 cubic feet and I can tell you either of the SVS subs are going to fill that room with ease. Can't comment on the others as I haven't heard them but I own a sb2000(among a few others) and it handles a larger room just fine. If you have a Best Buy with a Magnolia nearby you might see if they would let you audition the SVS subs, that's how I got my SB2000 for $500. It would at least add some context for you.

post #334 of 334 Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizorith View Post

You might get enough room gain in your room with a sealed sub to justify sealed, but you generally get more usable sub output for the same money with a ported sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Monoprice , Bic , Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each , Hsu Vtf2 Mk4 , Seaton Sound Submersive H P

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page