What sub should I get? I have the Fluance AVHTB system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking at the Fluance 10 or possibly 12, or the BIC Acoustech Pl 200, watch lots of action and adventure and listen to music occasionally. Would the Pl 200 be too much for my speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Nothing against fluance as I use some of there speakers in the family room before upgrading my main room but looking at the specification of your choices I would say the BIC is the better option(but did not see a price) and the fluance always seem to be out of stock. Like many others have said you also have to take into account what size room you are using the subwoofer in and what the rest of the system consist of. I have gone through a few evolution of subwoofer over the years and learned that price does offer superior options even if you have to wait just a little while longer to get one or two .
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the info, I guess I should of mentioned more, the room is a 9x14 kind of open to the kitchen, also the receiver Im using is a Yamaha rx-v573, with the Fluance 5 speaker system. I am totally new and ignorant about home theatre set ups, I just basically wanted to know if a 12 inch sub is going to be overkill for my house.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
You are on the right path already !!! There is a few post stickied on subwoofer basics but I can say overkill wise you are probably safe on those choices mentioned for that size room.

Check out thread just started on subwoofers in the $300 and down class by another forum member a lot of good offerings there.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hey thanks theres alot to learn, I can't believe I didn't do this sooner really. I'll look at some other posts, thanks again!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers