AVS Forum banner

Bic Subs

543 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  studioholic55 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've been looking for a new powered Sub for awhile now to replace 2 Cambridge Soundworks 8in. passive subs. I been really hooked on the line of Bic Subwoofers and in particular, the F-12. I feel like 50% or people recommend getting the F-12 and/or getting a second down the road, or they recommend paying the extra $100 for the BIC PL-200. My area isn't very big(about 14'x20'), but I do what enough bass for gaming and movie night
Any recommendations on these subs or ones by other brands would be very helpful.

Thanks for your time.

See less See more
#2 ·
We can help you better if we know a few things first. Ok so you gave the length and width of your room, but how high is the ceiling? Is the room sealed or open to other areas? What is your budget?

Of the 2 subs mentioned above I would say go for the BIC Acoustech PL-200... I own the Acoustech speakers but not subs.

The PL-200, Klipsch RW-12d, and the Energy S10.3 are all highly regarded budget subs at $300 or under.

Now if your budget is upped to the $500-$600 range then you can start getting into pretty good subs such as: Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Rythmik FV12, Epik Legend and so on.

#3 ·
My basement has roughly a 7.5 foot ceiling and is open the the other section of the basement. I'm planning of buying some new speakers also for a 7.1. My budget is $400 for a sub at most. If it will be worth putting some extra money into a sub now and not upgrading later i can probably put the money together for it. My neighbor has a 12in. sub that probably costed him a little over a grand and I do hear a difference in sound but not enough to make the $700 price difference worth it.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioholic55  /t/1425602/bic-subs#post_22326760

I feel like 50% or people recommend getting the F-12 and/or getting a second down the road, or they recommend paying the extra $100 for the BIC PL-200. My area isn't very big(about 14'x20'), but I do what enough bass for gaming and movie night
Any recommendations on these subs or ones by other brands would be very helpful.

Thanks for your time.

I'am currently combining dual F-12's with dual SVS PB12-NSD's in my HT setup. They're hooked up to my Onkyo TX-NR3009 receiver. Audyssey calibration blended them seamlessly with the rest of my speakers. The F-12 is a very good value packed subwoofer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.