I bought my HT one year ago and I believe I did a mistake on the subwoofer. So I'm now trying to fix it. My dailly usage is basically TV/Movies and games
Here are my current specs:
- Room size: 3500 cu ft - TV area is just half of it.
- sub located on the corner
- receiver: Onkyo HT-RC270
- Speaker settings: 5.1
These are the speakers
- Center: Polk CSI A4
- Front: Polk RTI A1 (bi-amp)
- Surround: Polk RC80i
- Sub: PSW111
Bought it based on towns 5 star reviews on amazon.
Once assembled the HT sounded really nice except for the bass that really sounded crappy even compared to the last HTiB I owned previously. The original settings got from MultiEQ had the crossover settings on 80Hz, I increased it to 120 and the sub sounded a little bit better but also crappy.
I'm looking for a replacement to solve this issue. However I have basically 2 limitations:
- Budget : up to 300, but I can extend it to 400 for something really good since I'm planning to keep the sub on my next upgrade.
- size: The sub must have up to13.5 width otherwise it'll not fix on the corner and my wife will gonna kill me...
So I think most 12'' subs are out.
I've reading reviews on several places and saw the supercube iii but I believe This one will not sound much better than the PSW111. Also considering DSW PRO 500, however I was thinking on leave polk behind.
Anyone has any suggestion for sub to replace my psw that is on budget and on size?
Any help or suggestions are welcome.