Two Energy s10.3 subs or ONE Klipsch rw-12d? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
i am going to replace my bic f12 when those subs go on sale.

will be using the pioneer sp 2011 speaker system with denon 1712. mostly watch movies and sports, tv programming. maybe 20% music

room is around 18 x 12 (havent done exact measurements yet)

people say two subs are better than one so im thinking two energy s10.3 when on sale at newegg for $200 each

OR

should i go for ONE klipsch rw-12d when on sale for $300 at newegg?

im in no hurry so i can wait for the energy sub to go on sale again. kliptsch is currently on sale for $300

if i end up going the two energy subs, all i need is the rca splitter and connect the subs to the splitter, is that correct?

also, when i run audyssey i run each individual sub separately until i get to 0 (that is my plan) right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Why not just add a second F12? It's pretty close in performance to the energy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Klipsch RW-12D is clearly superior to the Energy S10.3. The energy s10.3 pair wouldn't be much of an upgrade --- if any IMO from what you have.

Jay 1 has it right. An s10.3 has a similar 30hz bottom end, like the F12. In this upgrade you'll likely loose some of the output of the f12 going to the S10.3 - and then make it up again in the fact you'll have a pair of S10.3's over a single F12. Meanwhile your frequency response is still stuck up at 30hz. Not much of an upgrade for $400 spent in my mind.

If you are willing to spend $400 on the s10.3's buy a pair of the current sale priced Jamo 650 subs at $250 per. That's $500 for a pair - but yoRW-12u'll have solid extension to 20hz. The Klipsch pair would be $600.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #4 of 5 Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was going to buy a second Energy S10.3 sub for my living room (2200 cubic feet) but then read about the Jamo sub650. Would the Jamo sub650 provide more or better bass than two energy s10.3 subs? I could use the energy for a bedroom TV set up but don't want to spend $530 for two Jamo subs (PA 6% sales tax) vs. $200 for a second energy s10.3.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 666
better bass - yes probably - jamo 650 extends to 20hz which will aid in movie watching experience and some modern electronic/dubstep music listening. It is also sealed vs ported which is typically preferred among inexpensive subs.

more bass? unknown.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Klipsch Rw 12d 12 Subwoofer Each

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page