Need Help: ED A2 300 subwoofer stopped working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-01-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I have an Elemental Designs A2 300 subwoofer that suddenly stopped working on me. It is connected to a Pioneer VSX 1019 receiver.

The subwoofer has been working fine for the last few years and I don't think anything was moved around. The green light on the back of the subwoofer is still on when I checked it.

I just checked the ED website to discover the bad news.

Please help me with troubleshooting advice to see if it still works. I would hate to have to buy a new subwoofer without fully making sure this one is still functional or not.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-01-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 104
You should probably try and determine if it is the driver or the amp. With the eD A2-300 it is typically the amp, but eD has had driver issues too.

First step would be to check your subwoofer cable and make sure everything is plugged in and not lose. If things look tight, you might want to try a different sub cable to see if your cable went bad. Then I would remove the amp and take a look. Make sure all connections are tight and nothing came lose. If that checks out you can determine if your driver is bad using a 9 volt battery and the scratch test with the woofer:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5071054_tell-subwoofer-blown.html

If it is not the cable, or the woofer, it is most likely the amp.... At that point you can get a replacement or try to get it repaired.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page