Question on how to Hook up my Subwoofer? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an old but nice PSW350 Sub. I just replaced my old pioneer receiver with a DENON AVR-2312CI.

I hooked up the Subwoofer Audio cable from the Denon to the Sub.
My subwoofer also has the line-in/line-out which I had hooked up on my old Pioneer.

I ran the tests config on the Denon everything worked fine but I noticed that with music and other stuff so far I dont get anything out of my Sub.

Is this because my two front speakers which are Large Polk Monitor floor standing gives enough that in the config it decided It doesnt need to power the sub or am i just used to all the bass I got out of the old setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 587
A couple of quick thoughts:
- Make sure the connection is from your AVR's subwoofer output to the subwoofer's dedicated LFE input.
- Set all your speakers to "small" in the AVR's speaker set-up menu (to route all of the bass, all of the time, to the sub).

Also, try running your AVR's Audyssey auto-EQ program which will calibrate the system incl. levels, phase and crossover settings. Once it's finished, you may need to re-set your speakers to "small" and you may wish to boost the subwoofer level in the speaker set-up menu by a couple of dB (i.e., run it "hot").