RCA male to speaker wire? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
EpicVegas's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a sub woofer that takes speaker wire & a receiver that only outputs sub as a RCA..
What are my options??
EpicVegas is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
Snowmanick's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Unless there is an amp with your sub, you're going to have issues.

If you have a passive sub, you could: buy a separate amplifier, or build a crossover (or at least Low pass filter) and try hooking the sub up to speaker b posts on your receiver and running both (although this could/would put a lot of strain on yur receivers amps).


Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

"If it works the first time, it's not high end." ~ Harry Pierson
Snowmanick is online now  
Sponsored Links
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off