Subwoofer Hum using Wireless Audioengine W1 System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using an Audioengine W1 system to send a wireless signal to my 2nd sub. However, when I connect the RCA cable from the W1 receiver unit into the subwoofer I get a hum. The 2nd subwoofer is on the same circuit, but plugged into a different outlet than the rest of the home theater gear. I switched subs and the result was the same. Both subs produce hum when connected to the W1 receiver when connected in the wireless location, but no hum when connected directly to the SVS (Audyssey) AS EQ1 unit. All gear other than the sub and the W1 in the wireless location are plugged into a better quality APC powerbar. I tried a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack on the RCA jack on both the W1 sender/receiver ends and got more hum. I tried using better RCA terminated cables, but no change in hum levels. Although I doubted it was the cause I disconnected the sole coaxial connection from the system with no change to the humming.

I'm at a loss as how I can get rid of this hum. To me it's obvious the W1 is causing the hum. I thought a wireless solution was suppose to immune from this. Is there a wireless solution out there that will not produce any hum? I've read Outlaw Audio's OAW3 is better than Aperion Audio's wireless solution, but I don't know if it's better than the Audioengine solution. I know there is a new and improved W3, but I'm not interested in trying it out without seeing if others have had similar experiences and what they did to resolve their humming problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page