Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi!

I have questions about the SVS PB12 PLUS subwoofer. I have an Onkyo receiver and when run the Audyssey test, my subwoofer is at SP Level -7.0dB.

During the normal listening level from watching movies, the subwoofer sounds very low and hardly noticeable. If I turn up the SP Level to +12dB which is the highest SP Level, the subwoofer sounds much better. However, when I crank up the volume of the Onkyo receiver to -20 (extremely loud!!), the PB12 PLUS starts to make nasty sounds from the rubber surrounding of the driver. It the driver is making the flapping or thud sounds which means I am over driving the PB12 PLUS.

At the SP Level +12 is way to high and I am not sure what is the correct SP Level I need to adjust so I can watch movies that sounds good at low volume as well as extremely high volume.

Also, I set the LFE at 120Hz. Is it suppose to be at 100Hz?

I have the PB12 PLUS next to the side wall and NOT in the corner. The subwoofer is facing along the side wall and not facing the center of the room. This sub is rather long to face it center of the room so I face it along the side wall. Room size is 27 Ft X 16 Ft.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!