Subwoofer Vibrations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey All,

This is the first time i post on these forums, my problem is becoming to severe that i have to do it. i have a Hardman Kardon HKTS 5.1 speaker setup connect to a Harman Kardon AVR 158 A/V reciever. Whever i am watching movies at at certain ranges i feel a lot of vibrations and room vibrates as well (Central AC unit shakes and the noise is really bad). I am not sure if this is an issue in the finishing or i am setting something up incorrectly. Can someone guide me to:

1. Cehck where the problem is originating from?
  2. If the problem isn't the house what can id to calibrate the audio (Put a carpet under the subwoofer, Set the speakers to small and crossover to 120HZ)

i am not too proficient in A/V but i am trying to learn. Where i live there is a definite lack in professionals so it is a bit hard for me. Appreciate any help provided.

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Um...ahem. OK here goes. Im assuming this is not a troll post (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt).

Is this the first sub you've had? Is the house new? How big of a room is it if your AC is shaking?

Just a few thoughts. Im running 2 12's paired, in a 2400sf house, and although stuff rattles in every room of the house, my AC doesnt.
Treating the rattles after installing a sub is normal. It took me about 3 weeks to get everything "nailed down" for example velcro on the back of all my pictures on the first floor. Using painters tape to tape the inside of my AC/heat registers. Stuff like that.

Your system has an 8" sub. If your AC ventilation is rattling, I would call your builder.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page