Surge Protector/Power Conditioner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I wasn't sure where to put this but since it will be my new sub that is plugged into it, I'll ask here: is there any one type of surge protector, power conditioner, or UPS that is recommended for home audio use? I will probably need to get two of whatever I choose but first on my list of priorities is to protect my new sub which will be a def tech supercube reference.

I've heard so many different things about these types of products that I don't know what to believe, some say that power filters and conditioners will support longevity for the products and some say it's all BS.

I guess I'll actually need two of whatever I choose, one will be for the sub and the other will be for my receiver (RX-A2010), xfinity HD DVR, and TV (LG 50PZ950).

Thank in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Do you own your own house?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #3 of 5 Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I use the APC H10 for my two systems, mostly because the voltage at my house is pretty inconsistent and those boost or trim the voltage. I have seen it recommended that you get a UPS for any DVR because it is basically a computer, but mine seem to be ok without a UPS. Still, they take forever to reboot, so a UPS might be good. Check out the APC J25B at Amazon, a UPS and power conditioner.

I actually do not have my sub plugged into anything. In my case it is because of where it is located, but I have read posts where members say to plug subs just into the wall so they can get as much current as they need.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Do you own your own house?

I do not. I live in an apartment in DC so a whole home surge isn't an option for me
post #5 of 5 Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHTbuyer View Post

I actually do not have my sub plugged into anything. In my case it is because of where it is located, but I have read posts where members say to plug subs just into the wall so they can get as much current as they need.

I've read that too, it just makes me nervous having a large investment running unprotected.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page