Sub to compliment Adam A7x ~$1500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am beginning the search for a Christmas present for myself and after getting a pair of Adam A7x a few months ago, I am thinking a sub would be an excellent addition. I use the system about 80% for music (primarily classical and indie rock) and 20% movies (primarily action and drama). My room is approximately 13'x13'x8' (1350ft3) with some basic absorption panels.

My max budget is about $1500 including some sort of signal processing to take the stereo output of my Asus Xonar Essence STX and create a sub channel.

I am willing to sacrifice some bass extension for maintain the clarity that I was after when purchasing the Adam A7x. I want something with tight, controlled bass, but with good impact (at least as good as I can afford).

Tentatively I am considering the following:

Behringer CX2310 crossover (~$90 shipped)
HSU Research VTF-15H ( $1020 shipped)
cables (~$50)

Alternatively, I am wondering if a studio sub woofer would be a better compliment.

Adam Sub10 Mk2 ($1300 shipped)
cables (20)

With a studio sub, all of the necessary electronics are built into the woofer which is nice.

Any thoughts? Unfortunately there are no shops within a 3 hour drive that carry any respectable subs and making things more difficult is the fact that I do not have a car.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page