Where to buy a subwoofer? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've done a lot of research, and given my needs, I've narrowed down the subwoofer I want to purchase to round out my 5.1 setup to one of the following, in this order:

BIC F12
Energy 10.3
Outlaw M8
BIC PL200
HSU STF-1

From what I've researched, sure, some of these has different advantages over the others, however they all seem to be a decent choice. That said, I want to use price to ultimately help me finalize my decision. Also, my research has been based on comments made in this forum and other sites over the last few months, so while some of these subwoofers are becoming older models, I assume the advice is still current? Since price is my deciding factor, I've seen some (not all) of these subwoofers have been purchased by posters earlier this year as low as in the $150-$200 range. That seems like a great price point, but the sites and stores I'm shopping at are not selling at this price. For example, BIC F12 is around $200 at amazon, when folks have reported getting it $50 less. Another example, Energy 10.3, was highly recommended at newegg, but I can't find it available anywhere. Lastly, Outlaw M8 seems to be sold by limited vendors, and is also more expensive than people are saying they purchased for many months ago. I've been shopping newegg, electronics expo, accessories4less, frys, bestbuy, crutchfield, amazon, and tigerdirect, etc. Is the problem that I am searching for models that are slowly becoming discontinued, or perhaps I just need to be more patient? Great deals found forum seems to be helpful, but curious why I am having such trouble finding one of these five subwoofers in stock at prices people have claimed they have purchased at in the past?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Deals on subs often are just a matter of timing. The S10.3, however, appears to have finally been discontinued. Pity.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 41
dayton 1200 is very good sub.

Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
post #4 of 6 Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

I hear you regarding timing, perhaps I need some patience. Yes, it's unfortunate the S10.3 is discontinued. I wonder if Energy will replace it with something comperable. Lots of raving reviews out there in 2012 about that sub, but surely there will be some newer model at this price point that will offer the same value?
post #5 of 6 Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Bump
post #6 of 6 Old 10-19-2012, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll add Dayton 1200 to my list. How does it compare to the others I listed in my original post? Does it ever go on sale? I'm in no rush and can do without a sub until I found the right one at a great price. I think.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page