I need to replace my old sub, a Velodyne F1200. It finally gave up the ghost and I don't want to get it fixed.
Reading all the posts here, I'm getting a bit of "buyer paralysis" from the great choices and opinions. So I'm wondering if anyone could make some recommendations for new subs that I should consider based on my requirements.
- Room is about 3100-3300 cubic feet. It's a downstairs family room that pretty open to hallways.
- Use is 60% music, 35% movies/TV and 5% gaming. Music is the key use.
- Budget is $500-$2000
- System for music and HT is 5.1. The regular speakers are all Joseph Audio RM7si Signature II's.
- Would prefer a sub under 100 pounds.
- Sub has to fit inside a cabinet. Max height for the sub is 25"; max width is 18".
- Do not need booming, "shake-the-house-or-the-neighboorhood-down" bass (and the WAF
). Just don't want muddy bass. Want good, accurate sound.
- This is probably a noob wish. Would strongly prefer a sub with a remote. If I'm listening to music late at night or watching a TV or movie and the wife goes to bed early, need to be able to control or turn off the volume of the sub easily. Don't really want to go beyond the cabinets every night and morning to do this.
TIA for any recommendations.