Help with bass Shaker setup please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-18-2012, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm just wondering if anyone could help me out

I have been reading a lot of things on the forum about bass Shaker setups And was wondering if I could ask a few questions of my own

What I am trying to achieve is Running left and right sound Outport from my Xbox 360 With a RCA cable Into an amplifier Then to run 4 bass shakers

If I did this I understand that it won't be at bass signal Going to the amplifier It would be left and right stereo But if the amplifier has a Subwoofer Out Could I run my 4 bass Shakers off that Where the signal will be low-frequency ?

Also as a side note for anybody who knows I was looking into the The aura pro bass shakers But my UK supplier Has discontinued them And replaced them with these(Link below) Has anybody use them or are they any good Because when I asked the question why he has replaced them The guy at the shop told me They were the same price As the aura pro and twice the power And more reliable

http://www.shakercentre.co.uk/aspbite/products/products.asp?intProductsID=112&content=reckhorn_bs100_bass_shaker

Thanks Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM

Liked: 11
Hey man,

I have a couple of Aura bass shakers on my racing cockpit, I run them with a Dayton 70W subwoofer amplifier.

My limited knowledge tells me that you can't set them up the way you want them. If you're going to use the LFE output on your amp you need a subwoofer amplifier to run the shakers. Four shakers might be too much for 1 amp, though. I would recommend running two 100W amplifiers.

Keep in mind you can always bypass the first amplifier and connect your Xbox directly to the subwoofer amplifiers using Y Rca splitters. If you choose to go with two amps and place the shakers as well as connect everything accordingly (R to one amp and L to another) you can achieve a true stereo shaker setup, which is great for video games. Sounds from your left will shake the left side of your seat and the same for the right side.

Again, I'm a beginner as well, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Hope someone else chimes in and helps you out.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-19-2012, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Is it possible to Use the audio out on a Xbox 360 Via a RCA cable To connect to a Subwoofer amp Then run 4 bass Shakers

I understand that the audio going into the amp will be Full audio And not low-frequency

But if the amplifier has low and high pass Will this be satisfactory for the bass shakers Or is there any other way to hook it up

Thanks Craig
post #4 of 7 Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craige101 View Post

Is it possible to Use the audio out on a Xbox 360 Via a RCA cable To connect to a Subwoofer amp Then run 4 bass Shakers
I understand that the audio going into the amp will be Full audio And not low-frequency
But if the amplifier has low and high pass Will this be satisfactory for the bass shakers Or is there any other way to hook it up
Thanks Craig

Yes, it is possible. In fact, that is exactly how I run them on my PC and PS3, although, I still think 4 shakers may be a little too much for a single amplifier. I run mine (2) with a 70W amp and it sometimes cuts off If I set the gain higher than the 9 o'clock mark. Don't forget the Aura bass shakers have a 4 ohm impedance.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

I was thinking of running past 600 Whatt amp So what wouldn't that be adequate for the 4 shakers
post #6 of 7 Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

I was thinking of running a 600 Watt amp for my 4 shakers that are 100 watt each So what wouldn't that be adequate ?
post #7 of 7 Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 AM

Seems to be a powerful enough amp. I don't know much beyond that, though. You may be good to go, good luck!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page