Serious help need with an active Sub woofer ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys. I'm seriously losing my mind !

I have bought an Active PA Subwoofer and i already own a DDM4000 Behringer Mixer.

The mixer has a " SUB OUT " and " XLR LEFT AND RIGHT ".

I plug 2 XLR cables from LEFT AND RIGHT mixer output, to my active PA speakers. That works absolutely fine. I get sound... sorted.

I plug an XLR from the SUB OUT on mixer to the Woofers INPUT. Then set it inside the mixer to push all frequency below 140 to the" SUB OUT " . Only thing that ISNT connected is a cable to the " SUB THRU " But i thought that didnt matter.

Problem is i get no sound from the sub what so ever. I've messed with the cross over, checked all settings on mixer, even spoke to my cousin who is electonics guy at board level and he's stumped.
His only suggestion was, either the SUB OUT is knackered. Or the actual Sub is fubared. It turns on, it should be noted.

You think the sub is dead on arrival ? Please help quickly, i have a gig tomorrow and was planning on using it for the first time...... looks like that aint happening.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
couldn't you try taking either the left or right channel and put it into the sub to see if you at least get some sound at all?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page