A comparison of three tactile transducers - ButtKicker Mini LFE vs. Clark Synthesis TST209 vs. Aura Bass Shaker Pro - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
post #211 of 214 Unread Today, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I am trying to decide between Clark and Aura due to budget constraints. Your comparison actually has me leaning towards Aura because of your comment regarding the Clarks feeling like they are always on. If these are correctly crossed over and the LPF and HPF are set, what causes this difference? Is it a sensitivity thing? Like the Aura require a louder "volume" at a given frequency to shake than the Clarks, or is it as simple that since the Clarks shake harder its more noticeable than the aura's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 214 Unread Today, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 873
I don't know that the auras particularly struck me - at least that I remember one way or the other to that always on effect, but I do recall that with the buttkicker vs the clark.

The clark is basically a speaker that produces tactile feedback in the same way a speaker does. If signal is applied it moved.
The buttkicker is more like a rod that is driven back and forth from what I understand. It takes a little more power to get it started - or perhaps a little more power to be noticable anyway. The clark is a good transducer. We perhaps just had it turned up too much to be as subtle as I prefer. Now that I understand a little more about the transducers I'd like to retry my experiment again - but at this point it probably won't happen. I have nearfield 18" subwoofers, and they beat the crud out of anything I've felt from the transducer world. --- the only thing better than neafield 18" are nearfied 21" or 24" subs.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
post #213 of 214 Unread Today, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Here is a member who recently purchased and measured the Aura's vibration capability on his couch in the ULF thread. 4 of these were very capable on his system; strong down to 13hz!
post #214 of 214 Unread Today, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I had six of the transducer at the time of the test Dom. The Aura Pro's are mounted on 3 large boards in the sectional.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Buttkicker Bk Lfekit Low Frequency Effect Kit With Amplifier For Home Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page