New SVS SB1000 & PB1000 Subwoofers!! - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

in my case i have Tiles on my floor. should i consider something like this?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRAMMA

or find spikes ?
There are many low cost options, including carpet, carpet padding, rubber feet, or stuff like this, cut to size:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trial-Camping-Pad-Blue/16783660
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=202015909&R=202015909

The only time you want to use spikes is if you have a carpeted floor and the sub wants to 'dance' at high volume; spikes will hold it more firmly in place.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Member
 
TeDeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Jim can you tell me the differences to the sound with auralex and without? you believe that it will be useful to buy it?

and if you can, since you have some experience on these speakers, can you check this post of mine?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1339511/cambridge-audio-minx-loudspeaker-discussion-thread/1080

Thanks
TeDeV is offline  
post #363 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nashou66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Posts: 4,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

Jim can you tell me the differences to the sound with auralex and without? you believe that it will be useful to buy it?

and if you can, since you have some experience on these speakers, can you check this post of mine?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1339511/cambridge-audio-minx-loudspeaker-discussion-thread/1080

Thanks

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1440309/gramma-pads#post_22611802

Athanasios


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Love this CRT addiction !!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nashou66 is offline  
post #364 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Member
 
TeDeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thanks Nashou smile.gif
TeDeV is offline  
post #365 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nashou66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Posts: 4,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

thanks Nashou smile.gif

Εφχαριστω ¨biggrin.gif

And for about 50 bucks I think its not a bad price.

But like others said in the thread you could make something similar for less, it depends on how much you value your free time.


Athanasios


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Love this CRT addiction !!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nashou66 is offline  
post #366 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Member
 
TeDeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well for now, i will buy 2 simple acoustic material to place under the sub. It will absorb a bit of vibration, but there are things with higher importance than that right now. so many things to pay mad.gif

this speaker 'hobby' thing is nuts. after i get my sub ( i am getting very close, 100 euros left to collect), i will remove the bi-wire of my front speakers and check if there is any worse improvement to the sound. if it stays the same to my ears, i will consider to buy those small (but expensive) mini11 speakers, to create my 7.1 system. i have another question for that. in order to place the surround back speakers, i will need 20 meters for each speaker, of cable. do you think i am going to have any problems with that? ( i mean the distance)

and Eυχαριστώ too smile.gif
TeDeV is offline  
post #367 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bill Fitzmaurice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

Well for now, i will buy 2 simple acoustic material to place under the sub. It will absorb a bit of vibration, but there are things with higher importance than that right now. so many things to pay
If there is any vibration to absorb it's well up into the midrange, and there will be very little of it, so it takes very little to absorb it.
Quote:
i will remove the bi-wire of my front speakers and check if there is any worse improvement to the sound.
Bi-wiring doesn't do anything, so you won't hear any difference unless you want to, in which case that would be placebo effect at work.
Quote:
i will need 20 meters for each speaker, of cable. do you think i am going to have any problems with that? ( i mean the distance)
Electrical waves pass though copper at approximately 208,000 kilometers per second. 20 meters won't bother them all that much. Just use this to be sure your wire is of sufficient gauge:
http://www.bcae1.com/images/swfs/speakerwireselectorassistant.swf

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
Bill Fitzmaurice is offline  
post #368 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Two questions for the price of one? Your bill is getting bigger by the day... cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

Jim can you tell me the differences to the sound with auralex and without? you believe that it will be useful to buy it?

Looks like Athanasios took care of that one already, so you can send the check directly to him. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

and if you can, since you have some experience on these speakers, can you check this post of mine?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1339511/cambridge-audio-minx-loudspeaker-discussion-thread/1080

I'll have a look.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #369 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Member
 
TeDeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@Bill

i placed the following data...

power output per channel : 100
wire length : 65 feet
speaker wire gauge (not sure about this) : 16
Load impedance : 8

and the decibel loss result was : 0.55,

so i guess i will be fine

@Jim, would you settle with a Greek Souvlaki, Ouzo and movie when you visit Greece? smile.gif
TeDeV is offline  
post #370 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

@Jim, would you settle with a Greek Souvlaki, Ouzo and movie when you visit Greece? smile.gif

You got a deal. The next (first) time I'm in Greece the drinks are on you! tongue.gif

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #371 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nashou66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Posts: 4,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hmmm, I might be going to Thessaloniki this spring. I prefer Tsipouro over Ouzo. Too much anise in Ouzo for my tastes.

TeDev, where in Greece are you?

Athanasios


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Love this CRT addiction !!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nashou66 is offline  
post #372 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Member
 
TeDeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Athens φίλε μου

Are you from Thessaloniki? As for the drinks, if there is one thing sure about Greece, is that you can get drunk in million ways with million different greek drinks. There are some drinks my grandfather drinks, i can't even get close to them biggrin.gif
TeDeV is offline  
post #373 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nashou66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Posts: 4,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

Athens φίλε μου

Are you from Thessaloniki? As for the drinks, if there is one thing sure about Greece, is that you can get drunk in million ways with million different greek drinks. There are some drinks my grandfather drinks, i can't even get close to them biggrin.gif


Well my Father is from a small Village Eratera in Makedonia near the larger City of Kozani. But they have homes in Thessaloniki and we have a beach House in Chalkidiki
near Nea Skoini. I havnt been to Greece since the winter of 2009.My Step Brother lives in Klamaria Thessaloniki. So I want to go visit him this year some time.

And yes so many aperitifs , Wines and beers in Greece!

So I bet your Grandfather likes Raki, similar to Tsipouro. My Aunt used to have a distileri In Erattera and Id help her boil the grape leaves to Make Tsipouro. Man the first drops
that came out would burn a hole through your tongue!!!

Nashou


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Love this CRT addiction !!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nashou66 is offline  
post #374 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Member
 
BeachBoys1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ss View Post

Anyone here listened to an SB1000 in a larger room? I'm wondering how it would fare in a 2400 cubic foot room, with a music only setup.

Yeah, is this thread still about the PB/SB1000? That's what it says in the title anyway. Or did it peter out?

Anybody know how ONE sb1000 will perform next to two front speakers in a larger room with a high ceiling (movies & music)? Does anybody have an SB in a larger room that can give a review?

Thanks!
BeachBoys1 is offline  
post #375 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nashou66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Posts: 4,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoys1 View Post

Yeah, is this thread still about the PB/SB1000? That's what it says in the title anyway. Or did it peter out?

Anybody know how ONE sb1000 will perform next to two front speakers in a larger room with a high ceiling (movies & music)? Does anybody have an SB in a larger room that can give a review?

Thanks!

Sorry for the deviant posts. wink.gif

Im surpassed no one has a SB1000 yet here. But from what I was told by SVS i dont think it be a good fit for a room that large(2400) .

But you'd have to wait for some one whop has it that sized room. Maybe a user posted over on SVS site?

Athanasios


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Love this CRT addiction !!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nashou66 is offline  
post #376 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Member
 
DGCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have noticed no reviews yet. My target room is basically 12 x 11 but there is a 12x12 kitchen beside it. I have been considering the PB-1000 or the SB-1000 so far to go with a Polk Audio TL250 5.0 system while I decide what the room is going to look like after a kitchen renovation. It seems pointless to try and spot good towers and a center now.

I also noticed the SB12NSD at $649. The size itself is perfect for my needs and I thought it would do better in the long-term. It has more wattage and goes deeper looking at the specs. Any thoughts on whether the SB12NSD might be a better alternative to the SVS-1000 for the price? Or is the PB-1000 still a better alternative if I can squeeze it in?
DGCanuck is offline  
post #377 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nashou66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Posts: 4,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGCanuck View Post

I have noticed no reviews yet. My target room is basically 12 x 11 but there is a 12x12 kitchen beside it. I have been considering the PB-1000 or the SB-1000 so far to go with a Polk Audio TL250 5.0 system while I decide what the room is going to look like after a kitchen renovation. It seems pointless to try and spot good towers and a center now.

I also noticed the SB12NSD at $649. The size itself is perfect for my needs and I thought it would do better in the long-term. It has more wattage and goes deeper looking at the specs. Any thoughts on whether the SB12NSD might be a better alternative to the SVS-1000 for the price? Or is the PB-1000 still a better alternative if I can squeeze it in?


The SVS merlin suggest the SB1000 for those speakers. I used the TL3 as the speaker as I looked your up and the TL3 looks the closest to the TL250 "system"

http://www.svsound.com/merlin

Athanasios


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Love this CRT addiction !!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nashou66 is offline  
post #378 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Newbie
 
Romerovm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

New member here. I am also considering the SB-1000 or the PB-1000 and I am still undecided.

This is what I have so far:

Speakers: MMGs, MMGWs, and MMG C Center Channel speakers
Receiver: Model: SR5007 Marantz
Receiver: Outlaw RR2150, I will use the amp and the phono stage only

My room is 15W x 26L. I guess somewhat large. I think I read someone having almost the exact size, and the PB-1000 was recommended. However, I got Maggies and I am sure it makes a difference. I want this mostly for music, but I will watch some movies as well. I'd say 80-20.

Which one would you guys recommend? I have read Jim Wilson's opinions and they are quite informative. I hope he can comment on this.

Also, what do you guys think of the Marantz receiver, and using the Outlaw as an amp and phono stage?

Thanks in advance.

Victor
Romerovm is offline  
post #379 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Member
 
BeachBoys1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I dunno about that Merlin utility on the SVS site. I have four Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE's and an Ascend center channel speaker and the Merlin recommends a $1,200, a $1,399, and a $1,699 subwoofer to go with them! I think I have a total of $1,400 invested in all five of my speakers and they're suggesting a subwoofer that's between $1,200 and $1,699 with no mention of the new SB/PB100 subwoofers (or even older SB-12NSD) in sight? C'mon. The Merlin is obviously a marketing tool to sell you on the higher end product. I wouldn't trust the Merlin.

I'd just like to know if an SB1000 would be a welcome addition to my system in a room approx. 15 x 20 with a high vaulted ceiling. More input is welcome from you guys! Thanks!
BeachBoys1 is offline  
post #380 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
 
ceh383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Acton, CA
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

The SVS merlin suggest the SB1000 for those speakers. I used the TL3 as the speaker as I looked your up and the TL3 looks the closest to the TL250 "system"

http://www.svsound.com/merlin

Athanasios

After talking to SVS customer service, "Merlin" only takes into account speaker size and quality. "Merlin" said I would need any of the Ultra series subs based on my fronts.
But, talking with them, they said the PB12-NSD would probably be fine, any PLUS series would work, and any ULTRA series would be best.
They did not try to up sell me, just gave an honest opinion based on my room.

DGCanuck, based on your room size plus the adjoining kitchen, I'd start at the PB12-NSD....

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Where I work...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ceh383 is offline  
post #381 of 1256 Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Member
 
DGCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks, I tried the Merlin and it helped.

Then I plugged in Polk Audio Tsi 400 and got the SB12NSD. Not that I have focused on that Polk Speaker, but if I want some headroom, the SB12NSD is almost a minimum if I want the minimum for the 20-25% 2 channel music that I might want to hear in that room. I would go to the PB12-NSD if it wasn't for the size of the package.

As I said the TL250s are interim so I want to plan ahead and I really like the looks of thespecs and dimensions of the SB12NS. I just have not seen anything else at the price that has the specs and the obvious customer service I have seen so far.
DGCanuck is offline  
post #382 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Member
 
Ak Gara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Jesus the PB1000 rattles my downstairs front room, from all the way in my bedroom!

"Sorry mum I'm bedding the sub in!"

Only problem is I think my main listening position is in a null, and I don't really have anywhere else for it to go.
Ak Gara is offline  
post #383 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 01:44 AM
Member
 
TeDeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i think my couch is a null place too, and i don't know how to solve it. we will see when i get it.
TeDeV is offline  
post #384 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 AM
Member
 
Ak Gara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No wait, scratch that, the PB1000 is larger than the chair I'm using at my PC. Problem solved!?

[edit] Turns out it's not such a crazy idea!

in53OuqpQH4NH.jpg
Ak Gara is offline  
post #385 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post

Hi,

New member here. I am also considering the SB-1000 or the PB-1000 and I am still undecided.

This is what I have so far:

Speakers: MMGs, MMGWs, and MMG C Center Channel speakers
Receiver: Model: SR5007 Marantz
Receiver: Outlaw RR2150, I will use the amp and the phono stage only

My room is 15W x 26L. I guess somewhat large. I think I read someone having almost the exact size, and the PB-1000 was recommended. However, I got Maggies and I am sure it makes a difference. I want this mostly for music, but I will watch some movies as well. I'd say 80-20.

Which one would you guys recommend? I have read Jim Wilson's opinions and they are quite informative. I hope he can comment on this.

Honestly, I'm not sure the PB1000 or SB1000 would be a good choice given your circumstances.

You have Maggies, which aren't the easiest speakers in the world to seamlessly integrate with a subwoofer. As good as the new 1000 series are they're still budget subs at heart. To get a smooth blend you'll probably need something a little better. And then there's your room...

Assuming just an 8 foot ceiling height you're over 3100 cubic feet, which is not all that small. You should strongly consider duals, like a pair of SB12-NSD's. If you would rather have a single unit perhaps an SB13-Ultra might be more to your liking.

If you're set on the 1000 series then a pair of SB's would probably be the best option. I think they stand a better chance of integrating with the Maggies.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #386 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBoys1 View Post

I dunno about that Merlin utility on the SVS site. I have four Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SE's and an Ascend center channel speaker and the Merlin recommends a $1,200, a $1,399, and a $1,699 subwoofer to go with them! I think I have a total of $1,400 invested in all five of my speakers and they're suggesting a subwoofer that's between $1,200 and $1,699 with no mention of the new SB/PB100 subwoofers (or even older SB-12NSD) in sight? C'mon. The Merlin is obviously a marketing tool to sell you on the higher end product. I wouldn't trust the Merlin.

I'd just like to know if an SB1000 would be a welcome addition to my system in a room approx. 15 x 20 with a high vaulted ceiling. More input is welcome from you guys! Thanks!

That might be stretching it for a single SB. If you're looking to buy only one sub the PB1000 would probably be the better choice.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #387 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JimWilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere in New Joisey
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post

i think my couch is a null place too, and i don't know how to solve it. we will see when i get it.

You can't - it's impossible to "fix" a room null. The only way to get around one of those is to either move the sub(s) or the furniture.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
JimWilson is offline  
post #388 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Member
 
Ak Gara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What about those bass trap/scatterers?
Ak Gara is offline  
post #389 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
benca1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Jim ... I have a 3.1 set up now of 3 energy veritas v5.2's and was told to either get outlaw lfm-1 plus or pb1000 room is about 22 ft w and 18 ft d!!! Hardwood with 12ft ceilings!! U think 1 outlaw lfm-1 plus or 2 pb1000 or just 1 pb1000? I have a velodyne vx-11 now and doesn't get low enough!!
benca1 is offline  
post #390 of 1256 Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Newbie
 
Romerovm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
.
Romerovm is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off