New SVS SB1000 & PB1000 Subwoofers!! - Page 45 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1321 of 1323 Old 04-06-2015, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1323 Old 04-06-2015, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a few questions, as I just bought an F12 and have been messing around with the settings to figure out what is optimal.

I was advised on this forum to keep the sub volume at 2-3 (out of 10) on the dial. If I do that an run the calibration on my Sony receiver, it puts the sub to +6 dB (max is +10 dB on this receiver).

Now I am reading that this is wrong? And that I am running the sub too hard (I am assuming that's what running the sub hot means).

So should I turn the volume on the subwoofer itself up? Maybe to 5/10 and then re-run the calibration? And see if it's closer to 0?

I actually turned it down to +3 dB on the receiver because I don't think +6 is necessary.
post #1323 of 1323 Unread Today, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have both the SVS SB-1000 & SVS PB-1000.

I started with SB1000 and really liked it - still do. It hits hard and does shake the room often. However, I had heard the PB1000 was more powerful and would offer a lower bass at 19hz so ordered that also with the idea to sell the SB1000.

After much testing i couldn't/can't really tell the difference between the two to any degree to say one is better than the other. That was a surprise. I had thought the PB would overshadow the SB

Although one is ported and one sealed; in the end (and to those i have shown also to get 2nd, 3rd opinions); these two subs seem to have more in common than not.

Also, contrary to what i had read; i have mixed both together (one at front on 0 and one at back on 180; both set on -1 db, both on 2 o'clock). I do not hear any bad/negative bass cancellation or any issues whatsoever mixing these 2 subs; that would warrant me only using one at a time, or thinking it was a bad mixture. Those with far better ability at hearing the differences/negatives may disagree if they listened of course. So these 2 points may seem a surprise to some; but it is my experience and may help others looking into these subs. In the end i think your ears are more important than SBL meters etc; and this is why i am using both as a set - they sound good to me and my guests!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb1000 12 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Sb1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page