Amplifier for my Clark Synthesis TST239 Silver Tactile Transducer Bass Shakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What's a good (hide behind the couch) amp for

• 1x Clark Synthesis TST239 Silver = 100-150 watts @ 4 ohms
  • 2x Clark Synthesis TST239 Silver = 200-300 watts @ 8 ohms ???!?!??!

Do I have the ohms / wattage right for 2 serial TST239's?

good amp for 1x?
good amp for 2x?

Buttkicker makes transducer amps:

Who else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

No responses?!??!

Am I doing something wrong?
post #3 of 9 Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

bump
post #4 of 9 Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Any amplifier can be used just like with a speaker. Something like a iNUKE1000dsp has adjust-ability such as delay for time alignment, low pass frequency settings, power limiter... Look around this site, many threads discussing shakers and what others used for amplification. Many other user comments all around with people discussing their method of amplification and system setup. I would some day like to try a shaker system myself.

Good luck

Edit: Using a bridged amplifier with two 4 ohm can be wired either 2 ohm or 8 ohm, or could do it 4 ohm stereo. You can look at any speaker wiring diagram and it will work the same as with the shakers.
Archaea likes this.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 655
inuke dsp 1000 would be great if you like to tinker.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased this amp and plan to get 2x TST239 myself. This amp is a perfect match for these transducers and has a built in low pass crossover and can run the 2 transducers in bridged mono mode.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-812
post #7 of 9 Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 655
That 150 watt amp isn't really enough power for two of the transducers right? They are 150 watts each, you will be supplying them at 75 watts each. The Inuke DSP 1000 would be a better match IMHO.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #8 of 9 Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 308
As an owner of the Behringer iNuke1000DSP used for two transducers (Crowson), I will echo Archaea's suggestion for the iNuke.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #9 of 9 Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

I have 2 Clark TST-229 and 2 Clark TST-239 tactile transducers. I power all 4 using one ButtKicker BKA1000-N Power Amplifier. This amp provides up to 250 watts per transducer (1000 watts total for all 4). More wattage than I need but better more than less. I like the fact that the amp has a built-in crossover and adjustable volume.

EDIT: note that this amp is a subwoofer amp (handles low frequencies only). The Clarks supposedly handle much higher frequencies but I only want to use them for around 50 Hz and below.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page