def tech or seperate sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello all,

I am finally building a dedicated theater room, small 12x14 but that's what I have to work with . I have a pair of bp2000tl, they have 15'' subs. I have had these over 10 years and like the sound but could it be better? Would I be better off with say the Outlaw LFM-1-ex? It happens to have free shipping right now. Other than buying it and trying it anyone have any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey r View Post

hello all,
I am finally building a dedicated theater room, small 12x14 but that's what I have to work with . I have a pair of bp2000tl, they have 15'' subs. I have had these over 10 years and like the sound but could it be better? Would I be better off with say the Outlaw LFM-1-ex? It happens to have free shipping right now. Other than buying it and trying it anyone have any thoughts?

I would wait until after it's built and you put your speakers in (if they fit) and then see if you need or want another sub.

My "theater" room is 14x13x9 and I have a single SC8000 and 5 tiny NHT Superzero 2s and I have more bass than I can use most of the time. Not the sub 20hz kind but enough that it can be uncomfortable pressure wise in my ears.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #3 of 5 Old 11-21-2012, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

well, I could wait but I'll miss the special, I guess I could use elsewhere if I think I don't need it.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-21-2012, 09:31 PM

Liked: 26
I have used bp2000tls with an Epik Legend for a year and half and now use them with a JTR Captivator S2. The built in subs are fun but adding a quality standalone sub for LFE and sub 40 Hz content from the main channels add a lot to the experience.

Being said that I am not sure if the outlaw sub you are considering will have that much incremental value. If at all possible wait a bit, increase your budget and go with a higher end sub. JTR and Seaton offerings will be best but if that's way out of range consider an Epik empire or HSU VTF-15H.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I was hoping to hear from someone you has done what I was proposing. Yes those first two subs you mentioned are out of my buget but thanks anyway. I did go ahead and purchased the outlaw, it seems for my sized room it should be large enought and hopefully make a noticeable improvement from my curent configuration.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page