Rather Off Topic - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Hi guys. What with the cold weather, my batteries seems to be fading on me. I have ever thing from alkaline to NIMH, NiCad, Lithium, mostly AA and AAA.

I have been unable to figure out how to discharge these batteries and don't like the idea of charging batteries that are only weak but not fully discharged.

Can anyone suggest a simple method for discharging these batteries?

I just hate it when I try to change channels on TV, change songs on my CD player, work with my DVD player, and the devices don't work properly because the batteries are weak.

Thanks In Advance, and Happy Thanksgiving to my many acquaintances on this Forum.

spyboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

Don't bother. The issues with 'memory' applied to older NiCads, never to NiMH or Lithium. The newest NiCads don't even go dead in the drawer.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

Hi guys. What with the cold weather, my batteries seems to be fading on me. I have ever thing from alkaline to NIMH, NiCad, Lithium, mostly AA and AAA.
I have been unable to figure out how to discharge these batteries and don't like the idea of charging batteries that are only weak but not fully discharged.
I just hate it when I try to change channels on TV, change songs on my CD player, work with my DVD player, and the devices don't work properly because the batteries are weak.
Thanks In Advance, and Happy Thanksgiving to my many acquaintances on this Forum.
spyboy

Your Li-Ion batteries don't care about recharging as they don't have a memory affect to worry about. As to weak batteries, sometimes the problem can be solved by removing them and wiping both ends on your jeans a few times. This has the effect of removing a minute bit of invisible to the naked eye corrosion and in doing so allows what charge there is to more easily be transferred to the appliance being used.

Hope the above idea helps.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page