High-end Power Cord for Subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Location: I come from a distant space where no one has gone before. The temperature is aight. The planet has a purple sky tho and the gravity is slightly less than that of earth. Oh yeah I got plenty of gas.....
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is a way to greatly improve your bass sound (improves high's as well (overall dynamics and contrast) by upgrading your generic power cord to high-end (price starting well above $1000).

For my next upgrade I'm going to save up for a White Night Power cable ($25,000). It's 5 meters long and constructed with 1-stage crystal cleaning (cleaning nasty noise) for superb audio quality.

This is the one I am seriously interested in getting one. Waiting to hear recommendation from Patrick to see if this is the best cord for me given the audio equipment I have. I'm planning to get this to hook up from wall outlet to the powerstrip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwNaMdRWrI&feature=relmfu

I am very thankful that the prices on their cables are reduced to 1/10th as introductory price, giving us opportunity to try out their cable. It will take me time to save up $2500 but I will get there. smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Liked: 14
crazy

post #3 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAnoobieCheez View Post

There is a way to greatly improve your bass sound (improves high's as well (overall dynamics and contrast) by upgrading your generic power cord to high-end (price starting well above $1000).
No. The entire notion is utter complete hogwash. But some people will believe anything.

For those of you not familiar with the OP he tosses out these troll posts on a regular basis. Do us all a favor, don't feed the troll, otherwise he'll just keep coming back for more.
its phillip likes this.

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #4 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 487
I find the (feigned?) sincerity of his posts amusing. smile.gif

And I really like how the ends of the power cords are slathered in dried Play-Doh. biggrin.gif
post #5 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 03:52 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

No. The entire notion is utter complete hogwash. But some people will believe anything.
For those of you not familiar with the OP he tosses out these troll posts on a regular basis. Do us all a favor, don't feed the troll, otherwise he'll just keep coming back for more.

oh i didnt know that. i think he may be making fun of audiophiles here then

post #6 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Location: I come from a distant space where no one has gone before. The temperature is aight. The planet has a purple sky tho and the gravity is slightly less than that of earth. Oh yeah I got plenty of gas.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

Yoda, you see at first when I saw Patrick's thread demonstrating his $80,000 cables I thought it was joke. But after more checking it started to believe it. I now know this isn't a joke. They are real, and are made for ultra-high performance in sound. You would think power cord has absolutely no connection to the sound quality but it is true about performance power cords having impact on sound quality after checking out various audiophile forums and what people say there. They actually have larger impact on sound than the high-end audio cables people run in the system... especially right from wall outlet to the powerstrip (power distributor) is the most critical part. And after checking out all of Patrick's videos, I am in love with him and his cables and his coconut-audio company. They make cables that are multiple levels beyond what other top manufacturers make. And of course, I am not trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

I find the (feigned?) sincerity of his posts amusing. smile.gif
And I really like how the ends of the power cords are slathered in dried Play-Doh. biggrin.gif
Indeed. They are built tough. The build quality is no joke. All that money does some good on the cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post

oh i didnt know that. i think he may be making fun of audiophiles here then
No I'm not a troll. The difference is that I am more passionate with the cables than many other folks. These aftermarket power cords (not only coconut-audio but many other cable manufacturers such as Audioquest, Wireworld, Kimber, Nordost, Cardas, MIT, Ridge Street Audio, Synergistic Research, Shunyata Research, etc etc etc etc etc.....). But I am truly fascinated by Coconut-Audio.... I was planning to upgrade my XLR audio cables to Audioquest Niagara ($2000) for my speakers but I am gonna have to postpone that and get the power cord from Coconut-Audio next. $2500 for a $25000 cable, man that's a smokin good deal.

Their company is fairly new if I understood correctly, but they have gone though over 10 years of research in making these cables and now they out to the public to show us their stuff. Get the cables while you can. Later down the road these cable prices will go back up to suggested retail. wink.gif

post #7 of 39 Old 11-22-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

One of the Patrick's videos I enjoy watching is this one:

$80k power cables arrived after kidnappning - proof and testing FULL VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Icu8kKKZtk&feature=relmfu

In that video the power cables appear to be Desert Power 2.5m ($30,000) and Ice King Power 6m ($50,000), total: $80,000.

The one I am interested in like I said earlier is the White Night Power 5m.

Info:

White Night power 5m
  • Designed for: Amplifiers, power distributors
  • White Night is our biggest and most powerful cable with 1-stage crystal cleaning which gives the biggest effect in sound.
  • It destroys AC noise which gives bigger bass with a pitch black background while increasing clarity and transparency. White Night's job is to maximize contrast ratio. It was designed to be used in front of our other power cables to get maximum performance.
  • White Night uses 5 conductors for increased cleaning area. The conductors are also much thicker than our other cables. Normally when thickening gauge size of the cable, it becomes unbearably slow, smeared and muddy with loss of clarity and detail, but we have solved this with our Alien crystal formula that dampens the conductors to give both super large bass with ultra clarity and speed.

WhiteNightPower5m400.jpg

Original price: $25,000
Introductory offer: $2,500

Note: 2 months building time

1 USED in stock for immediate delivery: $2,000 (US plugs)

Features
  • 5 meter long
  • 5x 13awg solid core copper conductors
  • 100% coverage thick aluminum shield
  • Alien crystal formula to reject RFI/EMI and clean noise
  • Whitewood airy tree fibers
  • Furutech FI-11M (Cu) plugs
post #8 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
troll or not, this is GOLD! I checked out coconut audio-it is HILARIOUS! Crystals!, Alien Cleaning! Micro detail! White beach formula! I sincerely hope this guy sells a ton of his creations at the 20K and up price tag. I mean, really, if one buys this they really get what they deserve-"crystal clean, white beach sound without oscillating.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
post #9 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
10ga multistrand from Homedepot or Lowes is all that is needed. Heavy gauge just ensures current is getting to the power supply so it can work as designed.

I feel kind of bad here, i use to sell AudioQuest Dragon, solid silver speaker cable from $1000 a pair to $5,000 a pair.... Unreal

KG

PS: imagine that power traveling thousands of miles on aluminum to the last 5.0M of copper, so sad snake oil still lives.

Mite as well start saying pro amps sound different too :0)
post #10 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 190
And these threads usually end where someone with common sense mentions the 12/2, 12/3, 14/2, 14/3, etc 120v cable in wall and its simplicity.....
Actually I'm just jealous at the people who really make money selling this stuff smile.gif
post #11 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischaos View Post

troll or not, this is GOLD! I checked out coconut audio-it is HILARIOUS! Crystals!, Alien Cleaning! Micro detail! White beach formula! I sincerely hope this guy sells a ton of his creations at the 20K and up price tag. I mean, really, if one buys this they really get what they deserve-"crystal clean, white beach sound without oscillating.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
The top-of-the-line Grim Reaper power cord costs $200,000. That's bleeding edge. smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCnJViT1MA&feature=plcp

It uses Furutech FI-50M plug and the outside is made of carbon fiber composite material. I still like that rattlesnake sleeving a lot.
post #12 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:

The top-of-the-line Grim Reaper power cord costs $200,000. That's bleeding edge. smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCnJViT1MA&feature=plcp
It uses Furutech FI-50M plug and the outside is made of carbon fiber composite material. I still like that rattlesnake sleeving a lot.
I use 3 subs. Do you think I would benefit from 3 of these power cords? $600,000 seems a small price to pay for "bleeding edge"! Also, is rattlesnake oil better than just plain ole' snake oil? rolleyes.gif

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #13 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I use 3 subs. Do you think I would benefit from 3 of these power cords? $600,000 seems a small price to pay for "bleeding edge"! Also, is rattlesnake oil better than just plain ole' snake oil? rolleyes.gif
Craig
Save a little more and you get pick up a Ferrari Enzo or the Swedish champ Koenigsegg CCX as an alternative.

No you don't have to buy all three Grim Reaper's as I mentioned earlier all you need is one "good" one right from electrical wall outlet to the power distributor. From then on you can pickup some cheaper ($500~ 1000) power cords to power each device. Even without those $500 power cords you will get a *huge* gain in sound quality from the one main power source (wall outlet to powerstrip). So, you are looking at total of $202,000 on power cables roughly speaking. Throw in a hundred dollar powerstrip so $202,100.

The Grim Reaper (and the smaller brothers) is also designed to be buried in wall, often used in multi-million dollar houses or music studios that demand absolute best equipment. If I had the money I would get it but it's a pipe dream. I can go with the $25,000 one for $2500 while on sale. I am definitely not going to miss out this opportunity. smile.gif
post #14 of 39 Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 PM

Liked: 11
Y'all aren't thinking enough about this. This is for a subwoofer. Subs produce low frequencies so, you need a low end power cable.

Glad I was able to help.
post #15 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Hmmm. If I used my subs every day or even several times a day (highly frequently), would that be considered high frequency bass?confused.gif
post #16 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
All that is fine and good but if you are really serious about upgrading your sound system you need to call the electric company and ask them to upgrade all the utility wires to your house with Monster Cable! biggrin.gif I am most certain they will entertain your request and send someone out to survey the place.
post #17 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post

All that is fine and good but if you are really serious about upgrading your sound system you need to call the electric company and ask them to upgrade all the utility wires to your house with Monster Cable! biggrin.gif I am most certain they will entertain your request and send someone out to survey the place.
Still feeding him you are. He won't go away until you stop. Besides, it's all a joke anyway. On him if he's serious, on everyone else if not.

post #18 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Yoda is wise you are. But a bit if fun we need? Hmmmmmmm? (imagine that in my best yoda voice) I actualy enjoy posts like this. Take a break from all the seriousness of this place once in a while. Back to the yoda voice... Pointless this thread is hmmmmmm? Pointless like Starwars 1, 2, and 3 Yes? But remember young sky walker, coming back to big screen you will! Forget jar jar you must. A new star is being born. Animated he will be, big ears will he have, but what color saber he will yeild? Blue or red will it be? Hmmmmmmmm???
post #19 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Yoda not I am. Remember I the days when thought I that difference made by cable. Me shamed.
post #20 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 AM

Liked: 801
Basically, our service panel hangs on the transformer. It's the first connection from the primaries > transformer > transformer service drop to the secondaries and the service connection to our home are at the same junction point. It don't get any better then that.

Envy is a terrible thing to waste. biggrin.giftongue.gif
post #21 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Wow if I spent 25,000 on one cable I would hope someone would put me out of my misery because I surely would have gone insane to even consider that. I have heard of people spending money on stupid stuff but this one takes the cake.
post #22 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:

Save a little more and you get pick up a Ferrari Enzo or the Swedish champ Koenigsegg CCX as an alternative.
No you don't have to buy all three Grim Reaper's as I mentioned earlier all you need is one "good" one right from electrical wall outlet to the power distributor. From then on you can pickup some cheaper ($500~ 1000) power cords to power each device. Even without those $500 power cords you will get a *huge* gain in sound quality from the one main power source (wall outlet to powerstrip). So, you are looking at total of $202,000 on power cables roughly speaking. Throw in a hundred dollar powerstrip so $202,100.
The Grim Reaper (and the smaller brothers) is also designed to be buried in wall, often used in multi-million dollar houses or music studios that demand absolute best equipment. If I had the money I would get it but it's a pipe dream. I can go with the $25,000 one for $2500 while on sale. I am definitely not going to miss out this opportunity. smile.gif
So, you think I can plug three 2,400 watt Submersive HP amps into one "$100 power strip"? Wow, I never even thought of that. I guess I shouldn't have bothered to have the 3 separate 20 amp circuits installed. Where were you when I was designing my system? All I needed was a $200,000 power cord, a $100 power strip and some "cheap" $500 to $1,000 power cords. To think... I could have saved the $400 I spent on the new circuits. Now I have to redo it all. Do you think I should have the 20 amp circuits removed?

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #23 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

So, you think I can plug three 2,400 watt Submersive HP amps into one "$100 power strip"? Wow, I never even thought of that. I guess I shouldn't have bothered to have the 3 separate 20 amp circuits installed. Where were you when I was designing my system? All I needed was a $200,000 power cord, a $100 power strip and some "cheap" $500 to $1,000 power cords. To think... I could have saved the $400 I spent on the new circuits. Now I have to redo it all. Do you think I should have the 20 amp circuits removed?
Craig
In that case I would recommend 3x Magic Mushroom Power 7m ($38,000 each), total: $114,000. These are long enough (7m) so no need to worry about distance for locating your equipment too.

Magic_mushroom400.jpg

Info:
  • Magic Mushroom is liquid smooth, neutral, uncolored and powerful while being laid-back and enjoyable.
  • Magic Mushroom takes White Beach to a higher level. The bass is bigger, fuller and more powerful, but it's still quicker and more textured with more information! It's also calmer and more laid-back which reduces listening fatigue.
  • Magic Mushroom uses our 3-stage Astral crystal formula, it will lift you up into a relaxing out of body state so you can enjoy music like never before.

They will do good for your subwoofer performance. And the rest of your speakers.
post #24 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

In that case I would recommend 3x Magic Mushroom Power 7m ($38,000 each), total: $114,000. These are long enough (7m) so no need to worry about distance for locating your equipment too.
Magic_mushroom400.jpg
Info:
  • Magic Mushroom takes White Beach to a higher level. The bass is bigger, fuller and more powerful, but it's still quicker and more textured with more information! It's also calmer and more laid-back which reduces listening fatigue.

Love it. Quick and powerful yet laid-back.
post #25 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
mmmm... magic mushrooms... mmmmm...... tongue.gif

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #27 of 39 Old 11-24-2012, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I did shrooms back in the 70's, I thought it was out of my body/brain until I started reading this thread.

Go ask Alice, when she is 10 feet tall.....
post #28 of 39 Old 11-25-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

I did shrooms back in the 70's, I thought it was out of my body/brain until I started reading this thread.
Go ask Alice, when she is 10 feet tall.....
audio_design.jpg
its phillip likes this.

post #29 of 39 Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

i love that pic... smile.gif nothing sums it up better...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #30 of 39 Old 11-25-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^
i love that pic... smile.gif nothing sums it up better...
Never gets old, does it? tongue.gif

Closed Thread Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page