Would it be Worth It? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Last year I purchased the HSU VTF-1 and I was mildly disappointment with its performance. This was my first "real" sub purchase and I didn't have much to compare it with, other than the Outlaw M8 I purchased for my bedroom. I really liked the Outlaw and kept double guessing myself if I purchased the right sub.

And before anyone asks, yes I contacted HSU on many occasions and went through calibrating the sub/checking all the settings. It was determined that my sub is working as it should, but below my expectations.

So my questions is, would it be worth buying the LFM-1 Plus and compare it with my HSU VTF-1, or are they pretty much the same?

For reference, my sub is next to my tv, corner-side, but not against the wall completely. Even when I moved it or sat with my ear against it, it never really did much for me. It only seems to wakeup when there is a ton of bass coming from a movie.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
have u considered buying an SVS sub? what is it u dont like about your HSU vtf 1? u should spend some more money and buy an SVS PB 12 instead of the outlaw lfm1 which costs 500 i believe.. the pb12 costs 760

if u want to spend less, svs released a new smaller version with a 10 inch woofer , the pb1000, give that a look..
post #3 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 451
The LFM1- Plus will be a big jump over the VTF1. It will be much more powerful. In my opinion, the VTF1/STF2 are appropriate for small rooms, and can get lost easily in medium to large rooms, especially if the seating is in the middle of the room.
post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

have u considered buying an SVS sub? what is it u dont like about your HSU vtf 1? u should spend some more money and buy an SVS PB 12 instead of the outlaw lfm1 which costs 500 i believe.. the pb12 costs 760
if u want to spend less, svs released a new smaller version with a 10 inch woofer , the pb1000, give that a look..

When I first started researching subs over a year ago, I looked at most of the biggie names, including SVS. From what I remember, they were a bit more than what I wanted to spend and not as recommended as Outlaw/HSU.

Started off looking for something smaller (ST2) for an open medium space, due to living in predominately apts. I may just have to bite the bullet and just get one and see for myself. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my newish HSU somewhere in Southern Cali. Thanks
post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

When I first started researching subs over a year ago, I looked at most of the biggie names, including SVS. From what I remember, they were a bit more than what I wanted to spend and not as recommended as Outlaw/HSU.
Started off looking for something smaller (ST2) for an open medium space, due to living in predominately apts. I may just have to bite the bullet and just get one and see for myself. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my newish HSU somewhere in Southern Cali. Thanks

well now u see what happens when u dont spend the money? smile.gif lol jk of course, but with subwoofers, u get what u pay for, specially with SVS, to build an SVS PB12 costs around $700, again, to BUILD it as in build it by yourself.. svs chagres 769 for that subwoofer and thats ready for u to enjoy, and dont forget they ship it to u for free..

i didnt want to spend alot on a sub either u know but i mean i had my ed a2 -300 for quiete some time now and i want to upgrade to a better overall subwoofer.. if u buy another hsu like the vtf3 , it will have more power but wont have the flat response that the svs has.. so u might be left wondering again next year on what if....
post #6 of 6 Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg View Post

Hopefully I'll be able to sell my newish HSU somewhere in Southern Cali. Thanks

pm me if you decide to sell it
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version