Outlaw LFM-1 EX on sale for $599 vs Aperion Bravus II 12D with $100 off for $799 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an existing Aperion S-12 that broke and Aperion is offering me $100 off on a Bravus II 12D or 10D. I was also considering the Outlaw LFM-1 EX that is on sale through today. Any opinions? I rarely listen to music on it. It is almost exclusively for movies. I have a pretty big open space it will be playing in right now. I will be moving in probably the next year so I have no idea of the space then. Money is an object. I would rather only pay $599 but I am willing to pay $799 if it is worth it. I don't really care much about the looks or size. Sound is number one priority.

Actually not to make things too complicated but I would love to hear any other options in this price range if you guys think it is better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 52
If you don't care about looks or size, the LFM-1 EX has significantly more lower bass output than the Aperion.
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/lfm-1-ex-review/lfm-1-ex-measurements
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/bravus-ii-12d-review/bravus-ii-12d-measurements

post #3 of 9 Old 11-27-2012, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

I just went ahead and ordered the LFM-1 EX. I also considered the SVS PB12-NSD but price, bass output vs bass quality I gave the nod to the LFM-1 EX. Thanks.
post #4 of 9 Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Liked: 11
You'll be happy with it. I've had mine for a couple months and I'm still in love, the spark hasn't faded. biggrin.gif
post #5 of 9 Old 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah it would have been nice if I could have just fixed my existing Aperion but I guess they don't do that. I was just told that they don't have any amps for my subwoofer anymore. I guess they just replace parts and throw away the old ones and if they don't have the parts anymore you are screwed. mad.gif
post #6 of 9 Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by somekevinguy View Post

Yeah it would have been nice if I could have just fixed my existing Aperion but I guess they don't do that. I was just told that they don't have any amps for my subwoofer anymore. I guess they just replace parts and throw away the old ones and if they don't have the parts anymore you are screwed. mad.gif

Sorry about that, but we don't have any parts on hand because we have not made that subwoofer for 5 years now. I wish we did, but they are well past the warranty period at this point.

Given that, offering you a discount on one of our current subs is the best solution we have at our disposal.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out and I hope you enjoy the LFM-1.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-29-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

I definitely appreciated the $100 off offer and is more than most companies would offer so you get an A+ for effort. It is just scary knowing that you guys can only replace parts and don't have any kind of factory service capability so I spend all this money on a subwoofer and now I have to throw it in the gutter and go buy another as soon as you guys quit carrying the parts. It is totally my fault for not following up with this earlier but the subwoofer actually broke a few years ago but I had just had my first son followed by a second one a year after that so I've been kind of busy to give much attention to my home theatre setup until now. It was hard to get the wife to let me spend the original $1500ish I spent with you guys. I used the excuse that unlike most technology these days I would keep these same speakers for 10+ years and now I have to explain why I need to spend another $600+ way earlier than that.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM

When the amp went out on my M&K sub I used the opportunity to upgrade to a Parasound amp. Then when the driver surround gave out I used that opportunity to upgrade to a TC Sounds driver. The enclosure is still doing pretty good after 25 years or so, after replacing the grill cloth. My point of course is my not having to do what somekevingguy did.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

That is a good point and I did consider taking it to an independent repair shop to see if they could fix it or buying a different amp but in the end I just wanted a proven package. I am also hoping the Outlaw sub will be a nice upgrade to what I had. I will miss the looks of the beautiful Aperion enclosure though even on it's own, not to mention it matches the rest of my Aperion speakers.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page