Def Tech Supercube 4000 VS Martin Logan Dynamo 700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good evening, I am looking to expand in the subwoofer category and I have the opportunity to get great pricing on either of these subs. I currently have a Klipsch XW-300D, which is a great little sub. It is a sealed enclosure which I tend to favor over vented subs(I like fast, clean and tight subs over loud and boomy subs). The Martin Logan is a sealed sub while the Def Tech has the two passive radiators. The Def Tech can go to lower depths, however. I have listened to both subs in big box stores, but you can never really get a great impression from a store since they usually crank them up to obnoxious levels. Whatever sub I get, I will be eventually buying two of them. So, what are your impressions of these subs? I actually would be interested in buying another Klipsch XW-300D but they are long discontinued. Any help would be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Well, first the Def Tech subs don't really play as low or even close to the rated specs. I have the SC8000 corner loaded in a 1650 cubic foot sealed room and for the most part is plenty for my needs.

As for the SC4000 and ML 700, if pricing were the same I would go for the SC just for the remote which is very handy. I would thing output would be similar although the ML might actually dig a little deeper.

My Def Tech is nice and tight for music at least IMO.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what I heard, the SC4000 did sound pretty tight. Not as boomy as I thought it was going to sound. Yeah I always wondered how it was possible for the supercube to get down to 16hz with an 8 inch driver. Thank you for the feedback!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page