post #31 of 41 Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1908 View Post

I have had them twice (sho-10) and I think they will exceed your expectations. You can't beat them for the price and I think their pretty good for music too. I wouldn't hesitate grabbing some while you still can just incase things don't work out over there.

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to get them and store them until I have the room for them.

I real reason I want to use them is because they are the same sensitivity as the eD's so level matching will be right on and I have heard CHT use the same compression driver as eD did.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I've had a SV PB13Ultra for yrs. now. Had the BASH amp I changed out to the SLEDGE and have been happy with the sub and great customer service. I also tried 3 SHO-10s before I purchased my current setup. They sounded great but back when I purchased them there QC was not very good. Needed to order a part that was broken and different dampening material in each speaker which was noticeable. They did ship out a part though right away but by then it was a deal breaker. They are much better at QC these days so I have heard.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #33 of 41 Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Liked: 26
Find a used JTR passive cap (there is a pair on avs classifieds right now) and a decent used amp. It will be slightly over your budget but none of the options presented so far will come close to it .
post #34 of 41 Old 12-06-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 95
my personal experience:

name me one sub mfg. that has a b2b 5yr warranty,1yr trade-up program,excellent c.s. and great products. i just used the trade up program, and couldn't be more thrilled.you get FULL credit of your purchase price minus the frt chrgs. what other company would even think of this. sure they aren't the best bang for your buck i don't dispute that, but with the above offerings i think they are very hard to beat.

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #35 of 41 Old 12-07-2012, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post

Find a used JTR passive cap (there is a pair on avs classifieds right now) and a decent used amp. It will be slightly over your budget but none of the options presented so far will come close to it .

Yeah I saw those and that is funny because the guy selling them only lives about 30 minutes away from me. The problem is he wants to sell them as a pair and I do not have $2,250 in budget for subs.

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #36 of 41 Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post

This guy knows what's up. Thanks for the lead man! Someone is going to get a heck of a deal.

FYI for others interested, I've received quite a few emails/PMs about splitting them up so if it makes sense I can work something out.

post #37 of 41 Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

This guy knows what's up. Thanks for the lead man! Someone is going to get a heck of a deal.
FYI for others interested, I've received quite a few emails/PMs about splitting them up so if it makes sense I can work something out.

Wow Andrew, you are selling your caps??? I was picking pieces of your ceiling out of my hair after their demo at your GTG, Those are fracking incredible. What will be their replacement?

For OP, I own and really enjoy my FV15HP. My thoughts were, I wanted two subs (big FR response flattening benefit to duals; well documented), had 1500 to spend then, but wanted sub 20hz performance. So I am pleased with my one sub's performance and will be adding the second soon for my desired system. If I wasn't going to be able to add to it later I would have gone with two lesser subs.

I'm currently demoing the smaller PSA XS15 that is solid to 20HZ at $750. This is a great sub at a great value. If you are not going to be adding a second anytime soon my recommendation is to stretch the budget for two of these.

If you get the Rythmik you will not be disappointed, it's a great sub. It plays very clean. IMO it is a step up from the SVS and HSU, but not as deep or as loud as the Cap's or submersives clearly.

OP, Have you read up on the PA GTG Gorilla hosted?
post #38 of 41 Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Careful everyone. Those subs have been known to unscrew light bulbs. Consider yourselves warned.
post #39 of 41 Old 12-08-2012, 06:09 PM

Liked: 26
Quote:

You are welcome smile.gif

Too bad I missed your G2G in October. I live in central NJ and learned about it a bit late, plus had travel plans. It would have been nice to show up with my Cap S2 and compare it with the other bad boys smile.gif
post #40 of 41 Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thank you to everyone that contributed to my thread and gave me really helpful insight on what sub to choose and their personal reasons why. I was pondering going with one of the Caps that Gorilla was selling, but with the added cost for a sub that I was pretty sure I would ever get to use to its fullest potential I decided to pass on it.

I just placed an order for the Rythmik FV15HP with the 550 amp. Now I just have to wait and receive then I have to make plans to watch my BD collection all over a gain with a real sub. Should be a fun Christmas Holiday for me.

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #41 of 41 Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 465
congrats! be sure to report back on you thoughts!

Panasonic 65VT30 | Panasonic AE8000 HD PJ | Denon x4000 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XSP-1 | Emotiva DC-1 | PSB imagine B's |PSB image c5 | PSB B4's | DUAL PSA XS30 | OPPO 103 | minidsp

My first HT build thread
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page