Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
LVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I requested some early info in another thread I started but I was looking for budget and decided that is not beneficial based on what I already have.

I have a dedicated home theater room that is 14 x 18 with 8ft slopes up to a 10 ft ceiling, so around 2520 cu. ft with no openings on a 2nd floor (carpet over wood).

I am currently using an older Velodyne HGS-10b6 series manufactured in 1998, can't believe it is that old I have never been that happy with the Velodyne in this room feeling like I just don't have the punch I need and it is getting older now. I have never gotten over having the feel I had from Def Tech 15" ported sub from years ago.

My current requirements are 80% HT and 20% music, I currently have a Denon 3312CI but will be switching this out with the new Emotiva UMC-200/UPA-500 combo. I have Martin Logan Mosaics for front, a ML Fresco Center, and some generic dipole surround speakers.

I am looking for a sub preferably 1 sub, am not necessarily opposed to 2 but have a budget of about $1400. I am preferring clean room shaking bass that you can feel.

Here are my choices but please share others if you think they are more in-line with the requirements, not necessarily in order of preference.

1. Power Sound Audio: XS30 or XV15 (which would be best since one is sealed the other ported/vented)

2. EPIK Empire

3. HSU: VTF-15H or VTF3 Mk4

4. Rythmik Audio: FV15HP or FV15 or other in this line. (I am liking what I see here but caveat is I'm in Texas so I am sunk for shipping and taxes).

Thanks for any input you might have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Power Sound Audio XS-30 or XV-15.....only because I'm a fanboy, because I have dual XV-15 in my listening area.

Tom V from Power Sound Audio is very responsive to questions. Don't hesitate to email him. A lot of bang
for the money with their subs.

vardo
post #3 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 505
LVS, don't you already have an Epik sub on the way? What happened?

That aside, since you're stretching from the budget you had in this thread up to +/- $1,400, I'll revise my previous list of suggestions follows:
- HSU VTF-15H ($879 + shipping)
- PSA XS30 ($1,049, shipped) or XV30 ($1,399, shipped)
- Rythmik FV15HP (I understand that the version with the 550W amp is $100 off, so $1,174 + shipping)
- SVS PB12-Plus ($1,399, shipped)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter
LVS
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
^ Yes I do, it is suppose to arrive today... However this is for the general family room.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 505
OK, thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you had developed a case of cold feet on the Epik... wink.gifsmile.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page