So many choices - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me just say that this is have been a very helpful forum. I even had my sub choice narrowed down and was about to pull the trigger on a SVS pb1000 and then I was reading again and then was like this sub seems a lot like the HSU STF 2 and for a little less. I use to think that my problem was I just need to up my budget. Then all that did was introduce more choice to the equations. Let me share my thought process and like to hear what you all think.

Room is 20x15 x 8 that can be completely closed off. Denon 1913, Pioneers F51, C21 and B21 and Pioneer 8 sub. Great sound on movies and music but it clear I am missing lower end on the sub and the output is not where i would like it.

Option 1: RW12d - great price, everyone seems to love it. Just seems its hit or miss on geting a good one or bad one.

Option 2: SVS PB1000 If I wanted more sub I could upgrade on their upgrade policy

Option 3: STF -2 Seems almost the same sub as the pb1000 but for 100 less

500 is my max including shipping.

With all the choices how do you determine what sub you will chose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a Def Tech 4000 Supercube...OMG!!! Amazing!!! $600 shipped brand new.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness210 View Post

Let me just say that this is have been a very helpful forum. I even had my sub choice narrowed down and was about to pull the trigger on a SVS pb1000 and then I was reading again and then was like this sub seems a lot like the HSU STF 2 and for a little less. I use to think that my problem was I just need to up my budget. Then all that did was introduce more choice to the equations. Let me share my thought process and like to hear what you all think.
Room is 20x15 x 8 that can be completely closed off. Denon 1913, Pioneers F51, C21 and B21 and Pioneer 8 sub. Great sound on movies and music but it clear I am missing lower end on the sub and the output is not where i would like it.
Option 1: RW12d - great price, everyone seems to love it. Just seems its hit or miss on geting a good one or bad one.
Option 2: SVS PB1000 If I wanted more sub I could upgrade on their upgrade policy
Option 3: STF -2 Seems almost the same sub as the pb1000 but for 100 less
500 is my max including shipping.
With all the choices how do you determine what sub you will chose.

There are plenty people around to help with general questions but ultimately the decision is up to you. I had very little knowledge of real subwoofers and i still have a lot to learn. I asked questions and read even more and came to the conclusion that I wanted to go with Hsu for my sub. I then thought some more about how much I wanted to spend.

I spent a little more than I had originally planned to and you probably will too by the time you make a decision. Just take your time, ask a few questions, and read, read, read.

Projector: Benq W1070 1080p 2D/3D
Screen: 120" Elite fixed frame
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR809
Mains: Klipsch RF-62ii x 2
Center: Klipsch RC-62ii
Surrounds: Klipsch RS-42ii x 2
Subs: Dual Hsu VTF-15H's
Sonos-Play 5 and Play 3
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One
post #4 of 4 Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Of those 3 the RW is the only one capable of getting close to handling that room but for $500 you should be able to do better than even that. PA-150 can be found for $350 and or you could get 2 Dayton 1200s for less than $500. Visit the Budget subwoofer discussions, opinions and questions thread. btw the pb1000 is 100 watts more than the stf2.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page