Looking for a Tight Sub to match my new Monitor Audio Silver RX setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-11-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Medium sized room.
MA silvers RX2 in front, RX center, and RXFX rears.
Run off of Denon 3313.

I want something tight, not boomy. Which, makes my speaker choice understandable I suppose. I love the crispness of the MA setup. So looking for a sub to replace my energy 8" powered box.

Thanks,

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I should have mentioned. The room is tiled, I listen to music/movies/games in equal proportions. I am not impressed by boom, and bigger doesn't mean better. Nor does more expensive. I saw the 12d sale at newegg, but I am not sure how well that will perform given my requirements. I prefer the high quality crisp clean sounds. Keep me under 800 and I will be your friend.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM

post #4 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
Why are you replacing the Energy 8" so that we have a better idea of your expectations? Can you give us a rough idea of the dimensions of what you would consider a medium sized room?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

The room is 21 x 14 x 8 (2352 FT3)

The problem with my energy sws-8 is that is is really muddy. I never noticed how muddy until I got my MA setup going. It was part of my cool take 5 system. It is also very boomy without much definition except boom. I really want a tighter crisper warmer sub. It annoys me that I can hear the sound of a single string being plucked or a the sound of a finger sliding ever so slightly during the switch between chords on a guitar in the middle chorus of other sounds, but anything that requires the bass, is just a big pile of poo with little definition.

Thanks for the list. At the moment, I am leaning towards either the Rythmik F12 or the SVS SB12. I definately seem to prefer the sound profile of sealed enclosures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page