Suggestion for a large room "through wall" Sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That is correct, I am having to 'stealth' mount the sub in an adjacent closet an have it face into the listening room with the face of the speaker flush with the listening room wall. I was lookiing at some of the suggestions of subs you have made for folks with similarly large volume rooms and thought one of the box mounted kits might work. I guess it is fortunate that I can have it protrude in the adjacent closet and not be confinded to the space within the wall. If I framed around it in the wall, do you think this would be a viable plan? A paintable speaker grill would be a bonus too. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Liked: 14
Is there enough volume behind to create an infinite baffle setup?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 137
A few members have done similar set ups. Off the top of my head I remember DoingOK , t6902wf, ufokillerz.

I think as long as the driver and port (if ported) are on the same side, pretty much any sub with sufficient output should be fine. I'll leave you and your budget to determine what qualifies as sufficient output. If looking at something like a SubM go for the F2 version.

~Nick

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

post #4 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 AM

Thanks for those links, I'm also thinking a through the wall install to save space, need some pictures to show the wife. That first one is alone the lines I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post

A few members have done similar set ups. Off the top of my head I remember DoingOK , t6902wf, ufokillerz.
I think as long as the driver and port (if ported) are on the same side, pretty much any sub with sufficient output should be fine. I'll leave you and your budget to determine what qualifies as sufficient output. If looking at something like a SubM go for the F2 version.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, thanks for the links. I guess my "taste" will be contoured to coinside with the weight of my pocketbook. I was just wanting to see if anyone else had attempted this through the wall deal. Does anyone have any recommendations for a forward firing with port <$500 for this purpose?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page