Input level for Buttkicker amp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apologies if this has been answered many time before, but I couldn't find anything recent or specific to my issue....

Got an Onkyo 886 with XLR outputs - I'm splitting the LFE channel with an XLR splitter, which feeds a Behringer EP4000. The amp powers four Buttkickers. The output on the Onkyo is too low for the Behringer - at full gain you can just barely feel the buttkicker if you put your hand on it.

In years past, the recommended solution to boosting the output level was the RCA SA-155 from Radio Shack. This is no longer produced.

Can someone point me to a product, with 2 channel device with XLR input/output that will do what I need? I know what I'm looking for, just not sure what it's called or where to find it.....

Thanks!

Please check out my FlyingCheese Theater build thread. I need followers to answer my questions!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 74
The SA-155 is a stereo amp with 1.8 Watt max output power. I'd guess it would work for your application if you picked up a couple of XLR to RCA adapters. Used SA-155's are available on ebay quite cheap. If you can't find a good one elsewhere, send me a PM. I've got one collecting dust in the basement...
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Make sure there's not an issue with your cable first. One of our most knowledgeable posters says that he measured upwards of 12 Volts out of the sub out on his Onkyo 886. That's more than enough to drive a pro amp.