Help with M&K MX-125 II Replacement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hey guys, I have been out of the loop on the newest tech for awhile, and I recently decided to pickup an Onkyo TX-NR818, Klipsch RF82s, Klipsch RC62, some RS42's. The bass is currently being handled by the M&K MX-125 II which only has 150watts :/ but it does output some decent power, but not enough for today's standards.

Anyways, I really need some help on a new long term sub or subs. What I am looking for is deep jaw dropping low end, butt rumbling bass, that's boom free and fast for music. I have been thinking of getting 1 SVS ultra 13inch sub, but I am not sure if I am making the right choice. Right now I am saving up for a good sub(s) that will have no trouble with low bass, but I will set a limit of 2000-2500.

Would I be better off getting 6 Klipsch RW-12Ds than 1 SVS Ultra 13?

FYI I am in Canada and I am sure it will cost an arm and a couple legs to ship a sub from the US, so keep that in mind smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Six RW-12D's would be an absurd system, and a real hassle to setup. Since your in Canada, check out Funk Audio, their subs would be a great deal to have shipped to the US, so they are a terrific deal for Canadians.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

Six RW-12D's would be an absurd system, and a real hassle to setup. Since your in Canada, check out Funk Audio, their subs would be a great deal to have shipped to the US, so they are a terrific deal for Canadians.

I saved the link thanks! Funkaudio does have some interesting looking 15 and 18 inch subs. Do you or anyone have experience with their subs that you can share?

post #4 of 6 Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 440
I haven't heard them myself. Here is a thread for Funk here at AVS and here at Audioholics. They had previously used the TC Sounds LMS Ultra driver which was considered to be the world's best bass driver by subwoofer connoisseurs. Supposedly the in-house driver they are using now is comparable. This means their subs should be top of the line. They would easily be my first choice if I were Canadian.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

I haven't heard them myself. Here is a thread for Funk here at AVS and here at Audioholics. They had previously used the TC Sounds LMS Ultra driver which was considered to be the world's best bass driver by subwoofer connoisseurs. Supposedly the in-house driver they are using now is comparable. This means their subs should be top of the line. They would easily be my first choice if I were Canadian.

Ok thanks, I will look into it and make my choice from there.

post #6 of 6 Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

I was going to order an 18.0c sub from Funk Audio, but my budget unexpectedly shrank big time to around 900-1000. I am considering dual subs, so I decided to look at SVS subs from Sonic Boom Audio since they are a Canadian distributor, but at this point I don't know where to turn for sub(s). I was also considering a Klipsch SW115 15inch sub which is on sale for $600.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page