Subwoofer under $800 new budget. - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 93 Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The day I don't I check i miss it, dammit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe801 View Post

The day I don't I check i miss it, dammit!
They had it twice recently and both time for several days. wink.gif
post #93 of 93 Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Liked: 10
Well said. I completely agree.

Sometimes I feel like buying a B&M Sub and compare it at home with the ID subs and see the difference. if the ID sub is better, I wil have the option to return the B&M sub. If not, then we at-least solve our curiosity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime316 View Post

I own the 15H but haven't heard the XV-15. I wish I had the chance to audition several 15" subs before buying one but I guess that is all part of the game. I would have trusted my ears more than any numbers. If I had it to do over again I would have found a way to listen to the XV-15 and Rythmik's 15 incher before making a purchase. I think I made a good decision but was it the most informed one? Hardly. The shipping charges on the sub were a real sore spot with me. Just add the shipping into the price like everyone else does so there is a better apples to apples comparison on price at least.

Internet Direct companies allow the consumer to get more bang for their buck but the model also allows way too much static and misinformation to enter into the sub research process. The lack of a place to go and actually audition any of these subs really puts a buying decision in limbo. I guess if you live in one of those cities where the ID subs are made you can go and listen for yourself but 99.9% of us don't.

We see one review on a sub and it's the greatest thing ever and then it's reviewed by the next company and the sub has major shortcomings. Supposidly all of these 'professionals' all look for the same thing from the subs.

Yeah, there is a 30 day return on most of them but who really wants to go through paying a huge shipping return fee and lug those huge things around again if they aren't broken.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page